Bud density

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by natedognas, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Have. 6x8 tent and have had four very successful grows but my problem lies in that besides colas which i topped several times all lower buds dont get any density too them. I was thinking of using gravity bud harder by i do have lights below light line pointing up to . Ne suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

2. You' probably should try a post in the indoor growing section. Gravity and most of the other flower hardeners are chemical pesticides. Most self respecting organic growers would never consider using one of these chemicals.

PGRs and Medical Marijuana

3. Ya well i do all organic thats why i was asking because wasnt wat i wanted to do but feel like im wasting energy on lower buds.

4. Whats your lighting?....

5. I use cfls 3 250 watt and 6 58 watt smaller bulbs soil is basic super soil mix and use worm and guano teas as well as few micro nutes from humboldt basic molasses. I was jus curious My densitys on top are fine and i know its strain dependant but i didnt know if some people took tops then let lowers go another week which is wat im trying now.

6. CFLs also have less penetration than HID lights, so that could be part of your problem. I'd do what you just said, chop the tops then leave the lower stuff for another week or so

7. There ya go....cfl's just don't have the penetration for the lower buds.
    If you want quality bud density get a 600 watt hid. A 400 watt works but, the lower buds are just a hair better than popcorn....
    The cfl's your using would probably work best with a scrog, for overall yield.and density, where you have a even canopy and keep the light close but, your still going to have airy lower buds.....

8. I have 230 watts (approx) in CFLs in my tent and I got pretty dense buds this time around. They used to come out fluffy and I could see through them but not this time:).

All that lower growth, Id get rid of it and get those auxins concentrated to the canopy...you can keep trimming it all the way through the 3rd week of flower without any bad effect on the flowering.

Either lollipop or scrog...Ive gotten dense buds either way...lower buds are a waste of time in my opinion.