bud & a book?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by shred, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Reading while stoned -- only the hardcore can (or bother to).

I never even tried until I read that Kerouac used to read poetry stoned. And if it's good enough for ol' Jack...

I'm just wondering -- anybody have fav. authors to read after a good solid bonghit or 3? Mine: W.S. Burroughs and H.G. Wells --

2. I like to read when high, but I find myself reading the same page like 4 times trying to figure out what happened. It depends on the book though.

I read a lot of the Dragonlance Chronicles high. That wasn't too difficult.

3. when im stoned, i like to read science journals. old biology or physics text books, internet articles, anything REALLY intense and confusing.

when im stoned i can understand it way better and the knowledge sinks in more. not that i can recall it soon after, but when other topics come up similar to what ive read, i seem to have a better more knowledgeable opinion. plus it just makes me feel smart.

i love learning about the world while stoned, i feel so much more... connected

im probably one of the only people to ever attempt this hahahaha.

4. Man, The Dragonlance Chronicles is an AWESOME set of books! Tasslehoff and Flint KICK ASS!

Generally, I tend to read, what I like to call, ''Brain Rot''. I either want to read stuff like Dean Koontz, John Sanford, Wiess & Hickman. Lately though, I've been trying to read more about World War One. I read ''All Quiet on the Western Front'' again, ( I read it in early HS a long time ago, but I didn't have the influence of MJ to help me out with the ''inner visuals''.) Reading about the conditions of 'trench warfare' trips me out. But it usually gets too heavy hearted, and I have to go back to my own little 'fantasy land' Some of the old Epic Poetry is pretty cool. Stuff like Beowulf is pretty cool. Oh, always gotta have music playing when I read. And for me, the music I choose, with the stuff I read, is usually old Iron Maiden.

5. While I love to read, I always find myself straying from the book and fading out when im high, so usually doesn't work for me.

6. i read alot of peirs anthony....

but burroughs....is king ...

i thought i was the only one who folowed him....

7. i read anything i can get my hands on but when i'm high i like to read in bed and always the bath.

lately it's been stephen king and victorian fairy tales.

i read a lot of "crime/murder" stuff - stuart woods, minette walters, nicci french, lots of brits for some reason. just a phase....used to be historical fiction about women in the west

8. Always kerouac when I'm high, or anything from those beat dudes... also read about buddhism or haikus..

Eric

9. the most incredible book i've ever read while stoned is clock work orange and of course the catcher in the rye both books just make sense

10. I like to read the newspaper while high, all them stories are so fucking interesting it's unbelievable.

11. i love his xanth books...readin them while high makes everythign seem a little more normal in thise stories...those and any stephen king novel is amazing high...2 of my fave author sober are like amazing high :D