Bucket Size

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Danker, Nov 29, 2010.

1. I was just wondering if I were looking to grow a smaller sized plant could I use a smaller bucket? Like instead of the average 5 gallon DWC can I go with 1 gallon or two gallon. Or would the plants roots outgrow the bucket?

2. depends on strain.. veg time...

if you want a big plant your gonna have big roots...

if you veg too long you will be replacing the water so much its not going to be an enjoyable experience...

go big.. its easier..

that being said, if you have to go small.. maybe start out with very little veg time...... increase the second time if you don't outgrow your pot

gl

3. Well I actually plan on just doing 12/12 from seed. This is sort of just a learning experience for me. I wana get the whole hydro concept down before I actually go and spend money for a legit set up. I'm actually in the process of making a tabletop hydroponic herb garden. I wana get the hang of hydro before I go all out.

4. Woah seriously?!?!? How much did it weigh out to dried?

5. 200+ grams. The cup actually split about two weeks from finish, and ran 11.5 weeks of flowering. I don't really advise or recommend doing it in a solo cup, but I do know it's possible now.LOL My next feet is to see what I can yeild from a 1 oz pot. Something like a shot glass.

6. bigger the root ball, the bigger the buds can get