Bucket size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Extaci-PT, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hi guys,
    So i am planning on growing my own plants, however i have a doubt, will a 13 gallon (50 litre) be enough? I am from Portugal so the "litre thing". I'm sorry if my english is not the best. Waiting for help, thank you guys.

Enviado de meu MI 5 usando Tapatalk

2. #2 dedicated2urlove, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    hi. i use 19 liter buckets, the 5 gallon ones from the hardware store, works pretty good. just gotta drill a bunch of drain holes around the bottom though.

if youre not planning on pretty big plants id go with a 3gal or 11 liter though

3. Hi, thank you só much for your reply
    So, they will be outdoors, and they alittle big, but not that much.
    The thing that i found its kind of a smartpot but in plastic, and It already have the drain holes. So my doubt its really the dizer of them. I will try to post a pic.

4. Here they are. They have so many sizes.
    To 45 litre - 1.30 euros
    They pretty cheap and already with drain holes. I think its the perfect solution.[​IMG]

5. Oooh outside. I've gotten some pretty big ones in the 19 liter ones I have now with room for more roots... basically I've never out grown a 19l.

But outdoors though... gonna grow through your whole season? If so then I would probably go bigger. Like the 50l you mentioned

6. I will go probably from May till Octomber. Trying to get the most quantity possible. The bugger dizer of that is 45 litre.
    I van buy smartpot from 100 litre but they cost 20 euros, and for 8 of then its almost 200 euros, and It cant be cause is my First alone grown and i am trying to run it as cheap as possible

7. Plus, the gram here costs only 5 euros. So in cant push It If o want to make some money. I am already gonna spend 100 in substrat to put them, and probably another 100 in nutrients and stuff. But If they Go well, i can probably take out 1.5/2 kilos (i Hope so). And If its ALL good, next here i will invest that money on a realy reliable grow system

8. you could look at storage bins. yeah theyll need holes put in them... but big bins, here at least, arnt too much money

9. Oh yeah good Idea, i will try to look for those. But here they are probably expensive. I will check around and If they are, will go with those from the picture i put.
    Thank you so much for your help