Bucket question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by no-more-buyin!, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Why don't more people use the 'bags' that stand up when you fill them with soil. black on the inside to protect roots from light, white on the outside for light reflection. Also, once filled... they stand as a square/slightly rectangular. Which we know provides more room than round pots. Is there something about the bags that people don't like?? or are they simply not as popular? I love the 3 gallon ones I have. They are fairly tall and can hold more than 3 gal., however the point is to fold the top towards the inside, and then add a little more dirt to secure your fold. This fold not only makes the bag/pot more stable at the top, but the surrounding top rim is also now white to reflect some light back underneath the plant. I fold them up til I use them, fold them to store between uses.

Anyone else like them? Or is it just me? They cost about 20% the price of the thin black planters, plus looking at how they sit, I can easily see how I can pack them side by side for more plants in the same area.

2. I've never heard of this technique used for an indoor grow but this is a very common style of outdoor growing because if their plot is found they can pick up the bag and run

i'd figure it would work but would be unsteady which is a real draw back...

3. Its actually very stable once it has soil in it. I can't see it being much easier to knock over than a regular plastic pot. ceramics are heavier of course, but people always talk about square pots and the extra room.... Well these are square with plenty of drainage, black inside to protect roots from light, white outside to reflect light.
    Plus they were only 30 cent each.

People use them outdoors huh?? What would they do if their grow was found, grab the best plant and run?? I can't see anyone being able to carry more than 2 once they have soil in them.

4. ive seen this done b 4 with a white widow grow i just dont know where to get the bags from and they r kinda useful if u want to do a HOUSE setup and u need to evacuate quickly i guess rofl just pick up and run :D

but yea they have been used b 4 i just dont know where to get them. never looked for them i guess hehe everyone just has pots lying around in the sheds and what not.

5. ive seen them around also, i would imagine you could get them at a local nursery (or hydro store obviously)

6. I tried growing in a bag. But the paper bag melted in two days. I might have over watered.

7. :p Quality!