bucket help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Downsouth710, May 13, 2016.

1. hey first ever hydro grow isn't doing good. it's day 11 from seed and it's way smaller than what i thought it should be and its yellow. Ph is 6.5 ppm is 175. Water temps stay cool.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks fine man hydro IS slow to start. Compared with soil it catches up by the end. Be patient. Don't think by adding nutes it'll grow faster. It'll turn yellow and slow down. Air water light and time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What does the root mass look like?

4. Do you have it under hps right now? Seedlings can't handle intense light.
    You need to bring that pH down to 5.8. 6.5 is going to kill it at this early stage.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm running a 150w hps. Yesterday evening the roots looked good, nice and white no odor but there wasn't a ton of roots. this morning when I checked the plants the one in the dwc was yellow as hell and wilted. It'll be a goner by the time I get home for lunch. meanwhile the two I have in soil are doing good. I'm guessing it was a water problem.

6. one problem I was noticing is when trying to adjust my ph after only a few drops of ph down my res became super acidic.

7. That's because you don't have much in the water to buffer the pH. With low ppm's, it takes very litte pH up or down to make big changes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So with an auto flower seedling when would be the appropriate time to start adding nutes

9. Should be good for about two weeks or till the cotyledons yellow. If it's still alive you could pry up it some to around 300 ppm.
    Gotta keep your pH around 5.8 though. It can drift some. You don't need to constantly force it to 5.8. Only if it goes out of range (5.5-6.5).

10. should i dump the res and fill it with fresh phd water and set the ppm to 300? then just hope for the best.

11. Hydro is such an unforgiving medium, I've been too timid to tackle it's challenges. I veg under mixed CFL (2700k & 6500k) topping at one month and spreading out with vigorous LST for another before flowering under 400 watt HPS and 90 watt LED combined with spot CFLs to handle the weak spots in coverage.
    IMAG0002.JPG IMAG0699.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Don't know that you need to dump the res... Up to you. Could just add a few drops of nutes to bring it up. Then adjust pH and roll with it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. that looks awesome. this being my first grow how well does that soil herb smoke? obviously I want the highest caliber green as possible. I have two going in organic soil and pearlite. The soil plants I have appear to be doing well

14. Thank you, I'll make the adjustment in about an hour an a half I'll post pics as soon as I do it.

15. This was yesterday

Attached Files:

16. I'm forever feeling that my efforts pale in comparison to those I try to emulate; node spacing is much more dramatic in mine which I attempt to offset with the quite intricate LST that evolves over the course of it's life. This baby was vegged for about six weeks and took another two to determine sex; this is about two weeks of actual budding with the plan to run until the end of June.
    IMAG0693.JPG

17. Is that an auto?

18. As already stated get your Ph in check, 6.5 for soil 5.8'ish for hydro. I grow only autos and I start feed on about day 3 from sprout with a PPM of about 100. Looking at my current data log my current Mephisto Grape Crinkle was getting 260PPM by day 10. I am using HTG Supply's Rhizocore bucket tops. With these my tap root in the the bucket/rez petty much the same day the seed breaks tthrough the top of the root cube. I feel this method gives the plant a bit of a jump start by not having to fight through a pile of grow media.Here is a picture from day 10.
    GrapeC_Day10.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. see that's what I was expecting from day 10. I fuc$&ed this up bad it seems.