Bubbling tap water to help evaporate chlorine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by playboy420, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Hello all, I am currently switching over from RO water to tap water. I know it needs to be left out so that the chlorine can evaporate, I also have a few air stones in there to aid in the process.

My question is can I cover the water container and still have the chlorine evaporate? Or does it need to be open in order to have the chlorine escape?

I have had the lid on for 24 hours and when I took it off the lid had a bunch of water and it smelled like chlorine..not very storng tho so my mind could be telling my mind that it smells like chlorine when in fact it doesnt. Yay senses:hello:

Cheers

2. I would at least punch a few holes in the lid, and just bubble it for an hour per gallon. But it does need to be opened up a little.

3. It needs to be open to allow the chlorine to evaporate out. If it's sealed then the chlorine won't have a chance to escape really.

4. chlorine will evaporate out passively. Just leave the lid pen for 24 hours. Also, as I have read on here from LD, there could be chloramine in your water as well. It will not evaporate like the chlorine without putting a bag of something like EWC tea in it for about 30 minutes. It converts the chlorine, then evaporates.

Hope that made sense. Check on the net for your county's/cities/towns water treatment and see what they treat your water with.