Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bubbles and cannabis oil

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dev1, Sep 13, 2016.

1. I made the oil today. And when there were no bubbles i syringed it up. But as the bowl was moving a few bubbles fizzed up again.
    This should be ok to use right? Or should i warm the syringe in water. Squirt out the oil and put on plate warmer again. Would this be ok.

Hope someone can help. Need to give this to someone with cancer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm going to take just a stab in the dark here, as I have not yet made any oil. From what I have researched so far, the syringe is typically kept in the fridge. The user can set it out for a time to warm it to make the oil more pliable prior to taking their daily dose. With this in mind, it would make sense to me that a little air isn't really going to hurt anything.

I wish I had done more research much sooner. My father passed in 2006 from gastric diffuse cancer and prostate cancer. Had I known then what I have since learned, I would have easily put myself at risk of jail time to help treat him. From diagnosis to death was only 3 weeks. :(

Wish you the best with helping your cancer patient.

3. Did you make this oil with butane? If so keep it FAR, FAR away from any patient in need of medicine. If you describe your process of making it you might be able to get some help here but bubbles in butane oil means you are no where close to having it ready to smoke.

4. I hadn't thought of asking what the solvent was that was used. Glad someone else chimed in to assist.

5. Hi i used a distiller to recollect the alcohol. I used ethyl alcohol. Human consumption safe ethyl alcohol.

Essentially the rick simpson method. But on a smaller scale.

Thanks

6. phew thats better :) When you said syringe I was hoping this is what it was but bubbling I would think means you still got some work to do. The consistency of RSO SHOULD be almost solid, just thin enough to be pushed out of syringe when its cooled. So if you're sis more of a liquid at room temp you left a little too much alcohol in there BUT it's still safe to consume regardless the consistency.

7. Thankyou. Its quite thick in the syringe. But its safe that's the main thing

8. Yes, it's safe. In a small batch of RSO using alcohol it can take forever to get all the alcohol out an the end. As it gets down to that oil state I work it by inserting a glass dropper or a stainless steel rod. That conducts the heat and helps the remaining alcohol to escape. Here's an old and not so good video I made my first time on an batch using an ounce of bud. About the 3 minute mark is where it gets to the last of the reduction. I'm inserting it just so you'll see someone else doing it for the first time. And not a lot has changed, a few modifications. :)

By the way, any small amounts of ethanol will evaporate over time and is completely safe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you, Sam. I appreciate the time you spent making the video. It was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Thanks for the info. And it is a good video. Just glad to know its ok to use

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm not so sure about "great". It was one of the first videos I made and is pretty amateurish but we all have to start somewhere. It's kind of outdated now but thank you, anyway. :)

12. @PsychedelicSam Just wanted to tell you, I am 13 pages into the 600 of your edibles thread, and I absolutely cannot wait for my first harvest to come in. I want to try your tincture method. I am so much of a newb to this culture. (Years ago, I bought I shock pen for my prankster son... got a call from his teacher at school to inform me that the leaf on it was a pot leaf.) I am thoroughly enjoying reading through all of the posts, and the amount of help that you give to newbs is wonderful.

13. Oh, boy, you're brave but by beginning there you'll see the evolution I've gone through as I've learned things. There may be some places that haven't been updated yet so if you have any questions or comments as you go through don't be afraid to post them. Don't feel that you have to read the whole thing. Few do these days but there's a lot of still pertinent information from a lot of people throughout.

I'm happy to be able to help get you into the swing of things. ;)

• Like Like x 1