Bubbler vs Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Grouplove, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I know the differences. Such as all the attachments and whatnot of the bong. And the portability of a bubbler

I'm looking for something 50ish dollars. I really don't wanna spend too much more than that. Most likely will buy from one of my LHS.
    What's more worth it? Would a 50 dollar bong most likely be made out of too thin glass?
    Just looking for a little guidence. This is my first water pipe purchase besides buying a bowl and slide to throw in a plastic bottle haha
    Thanks blades !

2. Check your LHS, i was in the same position and went with a bong. After hitting a couple pieces i found what i wanted. You should do the same and no you can find a 50 dollar bong with quality. Just gotta go look!

3. I would look into a SSFG travel tube. 8 inches tall, quality American made glass, and the downstem will give you some decent diffusion.

Just look up soulshine family glass. They are based out of Boone, NC and are super friendly.

4. Thank you both! I'm going to hit a few head shops up on Tuesday and if nothing excites me then that travel tube would be perfect.
    Sitting on the beach hitting that sounds pretty great right about now.

5. I have never loved a bubbler. Owned many, but most of them collected dust.

Bongs are great.

My 18" GOG beaker cost $45 new.

6. SSFG travel tube, best American glass for your dollar. I love mine.

7. Appreciate all the feed back! Definitely going to look into the Travel Tube.
    I was leaning towards a bubbler and was going to save up 100ish for a nice bong. But I think I might just go with the travel tube and save myself that extra money.
    Thanks all!

8. My first time smokin was out of a bong... nothing else works the same, so my first piece was a bong. just my preference

9. Spend the little extra when going with the ssfg to get the showerhead down stem upgrade and the disc diffused slide as well.

10. [quote name='"Sweendog"']Spend the little extra when going with the ssfg to get the showerhead down stem upgrade and the disc diffused slide as well.[/quote]

$50 just became $150 lol.

11. [quote name='"MrTea"']

$50 just became $150 lol.[/quote]

Its far cheaper to shop locally!

12. go with a bubbler.......you can get a nice one for that price. or u can get a shitty bong.

13. [quote name='"NEStoner"']

Its far cheaper to shop locally![/quote]

Heres the order of price starting with most expensive.

Online headshops
    Local headshops
    FACEBOOK¡!!!!!

14. [quote name='"MrTea"']

Heres the order of price starting with most expensive.

Online headshops
    Local headshops
    FACEBOOK¡!!!!![/quote]

I always haggle the price down at shops! Dont be afraid to! Haha

15. [quote name='"NEStoner"']

I always haggle the price down at shops! Dont be afraid to! Haha[/quote]

Many shops dont haggle unfortunately :/

16. Don't get a bubbler man, they get real dirty because you use less water in such a small place. Bongs are so much nicer and cleaner plus you can get faaaaaat hits out of them

Experienced toker here

17. [quote name='"GandalfTheBlack"']Don't get a bubbler man, they get real dirty because you use less water in such a small place. Bongs are so much nicer and cleaner plus you can get faaaaaat hits out of them

Experienced toker here[/quote]

You must also be a lazy toker for not buying bubblers because they require more maintenance.

18. [quote name='"MrTea"']

You must also be a lazy toker for not buying bubblers because they require more maintenance.[/quote]

Not lazy, just easier and nicer to use bongs on my opinion

19. Bubblers taste better and are more unique in their variety

20. [quote name='"MrTea"']Bubblers taste better and are more unique in their variety[/quote]

Haha personal preference man but they kinda taste like wet pipes