Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bubbler thc percentage?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BlueDream4Ever, Sep 29, 2012.

1. How many percent of the thc does a bubbler give you? is it the same as a bong which is 87%?

2. ive heard a lot of different things, but the most commonly agreed upon percentages ive heard have been:

joints/blunt - 10 to 20%
    pipes - 30 to 40%
    bongs - 60 to 75%
    vapes and edibles - 90 to 99%

so if i had to guess, i would say bubblers are anywhere from 50 to 60% since most use smaller amounts of water than bongs and therefore the smoke is slightly less filtered

3. none of those numbers are accurate. different pieces dont give you different efficency.

4. I agree with the first sentence but disagree with the second. Vapes are the most efficient piece you can have, but they are around 50% on average. :wave:

It goes down from there.

5. i get what you mean, i was just saying that for the comustible pieces like bongs and bubblers and pipes. sure some will allow larger amounts of smoke to be inhaled, but burning is burning is burning, haha:smoke:

6. Noone knows and if they do where are the studies?

7. if your burning weed your burning weed. having water in a peice isnt going to amplify the amount of thc in the smoke. all burning weed is going to be relatively close in thc content.

8. #8 TelevisedChaos, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
    Ok first of all, those figures are messed up, you must have some shit talking friends to come up with those. Second of all, water filtration = less THC.

Using a dry pipe you will get slightly more of your THC than if you used a bubbler/bong, because the smoke is going straight to your lungs with nothing in its path to contend with. The water in a bong is mainly there to cool the smoke, and filter off some of the carcinogens.
    :bongin:

The myth of a roach/filter absorbing some THC in a joint was debunked, the only way you could lose THC from a joint is the fractional amounts of smoke coming off the cherry, which realistically shouldn't amount to more than 5% of the original THC amount at the end of the smoke.
    :smoke:

The THC losses you speak of are way off dude, the piece most likely to lose the most would be a big bong with too much water in it. Even then you'll still be getting 90%~ of your THC.

Seriously, whoever you got these figures from, or if you just made them up, it makes you look like an idiot. I smoke a 0.5g joint and I'm apparently only getting THC worth of 0.05-0.1g? No.

I guess this is "Apprentice Tokers" though, you'll learn more as you go.

--
    Stop bullshitting until you learn, nobody likes misinformation, we get enough of it fed to us everyday as it is. :(

9. well actually i didnt hear it from my "shit talking friends" i heard it on manswers, which im aware that it isnt exactly a credible source but still.. cool your shit dude. and i can tell you from personal experience that i can smoke the exact same amount of weed i would normally put in a joint, but in a bong and i will get much higher. why do you think bongs get people so ripped? the smoke from bongs contains more thc. i didnt mean to come off as a dumbass or to misguide anyone but it is widely agreed upon that bongs, vapes, and such will allow more thc to be in the smoke than in joints and blunts

10. Some things are just more effecient than others. Just because one month a bong got you high and like 10 months later you smoked a joint and got BLACKOUT high doesn't mean joints are better.

11. bongs get people so ripped because you are smoking half a joint in one hit. it doesnt have more thc in the smoke. if anything it would have less.

12. Thank you.

13. #13 bhlegit, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    if you burn the weed you burn the weed the only difference comes if vaporizing when you are obviously not burning it so you have less harmful toxins from the smoke, even still this doesnt affect the amount of thc absorbed, this comes down to what weed you are smoking the max is 20.1 %THC. the myth about holding it in your lungs is a lie as well all the compounds in the cannabis are absorbed into the alveoli as soon as they enter the lungs.

smoking organic top shelf cro out of nice gong bubbler with hemp wick is best

14. you absorb the same amount of thc with every smoking device the only difference is amount of bad shit in the smoke

15. I agree completely with this, except what do you mean by "the myth about holding it in your lungs is a lie"? You should at least be holding it in your lungs for 3-5 seconds, although you might be talking about people who hold it in for as long as they can. I admit, I did this when I first started because my friend instructed to do so. But he was a much bigger smoker back in the 70's, maybe people didn't know you didn't have to hold it that long back then lol

16. i mean holding it in your lungs for longer than a normal inhalation eg 10-20seconds