Bubbleponics

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CommoradeBudds, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Has anyone used the stealth system. How big did you plants get.New Grower.:eek:

2. I haven't used the "stealth system" but I can tell you that there are more factors that play a part in how "big" the plants get.

strain
    length of veg
    environmental conditions
    grower / method
    etc...

You may want to check out the stickies at the top of the grow forums and check out journals. There's a lot of good info here, that should help you out.

Good luck! :smoke:
    Doin'

3. I started my first grow from seed last April with a stealth bubbleponic system. I am beginning the 4th week since changing the lighting to 12/12. I have been fairly aggressive with topping and trimming, and the two females that remain are approximately 25" tall and flowering nicely.
    The system can become the victim of its own success, in that all six of my germinated seeds thrived, growing rapidly through the vegetative stage. I ended up with a massive root ball in the 6 gallon reservoir, but it was formed by the roots of all 6 plants. Culling the males was difficult, requiring all my strength to remove one plant and having to use scissors to remove a second. I feared that I had greatly damaged the remaining roots and that I would have rotting organic matter from the roots left behind. But after three weeks, the roots of the remaining plants look healthy and strong.
    This was intended as a purely amateur grow. I had no experience or confidence and the stealth package, with the nutrients, lights, etc all included was a great way to get started. I discovered GC after I started and what a tremendous resource! I greatly appreciate the time, effort and knowledge that the experienced growers provide to newbies like me. Thanks to all. I've had 100% success rate with Rumple's diy cloning bucket, so I'm set to boogie.

Attached Files:

4. #4 CommoradeBudds, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
    Thanks, what kind of lighting are you using, and how old are you plants,looking good. will it support six plants. send me a friend invite please. we can keepm in contact-Lets grow together.:smoke:

5. #5 Bud Wiser, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
    I bought one of these stealth grow systems (without the lights) when I started out. It didn't take me long to figure out that it was too small to grow six 3-4 foot plants.lol
    I do however, still use it. It really works great for seedlings.

I keep the seedlings in the 'stealth" until the roots hit the water level, then I switch to similar totes that I have cut two holes into the lid. I eliminate the water pump and manifold completely. I just use an air pump and 10"bubble stone at this point. After 5-6 weeks of veg. each plant goes into a lidded 5 gallon bucket(one hole in center of lid) that also has just an air pump and a shorter bubble stone(10" won't fit). All the holes are the same size as the ones in the original setup, so switching out the 3.75" net pots from one to the other is a snap.:D

So the original system was actually worth what I spent for it. I did learn how to put together my own system by using it.:yay:

6. I agree with the wise Mr. Wiser, although no wiser than he and certainly less experienced. It would be difficult to bring 6 plants to maturity in the system -- the root mass from my two remaining plants take up virtually 1/2 of the reservoir; up top, things would get pretty crowded. I have a number of supports already in place for my present grow (day 24 from the flip) and as Carmen and Miranda fatten up in the next few weeks, I am hopeful that I will need additional supports.

But, I am very hopeful that the system will work well for clones -- I made a 4 bucket system and have just started some clones. In two weeks, I intend to send them into flowering, keeping them in the bucket system. My present grow is 4 weeks away from harvest and the 6 bucket system would then get the next generation of clones. Ad infinitum, one hopes.

All this is new to me. Taking clones directly to flowering is intriguing -- AskEd has a lovely photo of a white widow clone going straight to 12/12 (in Post #5 of his thread in the coco discussion room) which greatly revs my engine and I am hopeful that this system can work similar wonders.

Thanks to all who contribute to this wonderful community.