Bubblegum curing issues

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Banana110, Oct 15, 2006.

1. hey guys

to all the beginners out there, good luck! it does pay off in the end. :hello:

to the people with some grows under their belt, maybe you can help me. i harvested 3 five-foot-tall bubblegums between august 9th to august 16th. i have 5 ounces of weed that has been sitting in air tight jars and curing for OVER TWO MONTHS and STILL smells like hay :confused: ill admit, over the last two months its been hard not to smoke some of it, so about an ounce has already been puffed away. problem is, it doesnt really get anybody high. it TASTES amazing, simply amazing, but theres really no "high" effect. more of a cheap relaxation herb.

so whats my problem? heres how ive been curing. i have the five (was seven, but now five) jars of weed sealed for most of the day. id say that on 70% of the days since harvest, ive remembered to open the jars and let them air out for anywhere to 20 minutes to an hour, depending on how busy i was or high i got and forgot about the jars :smoking: the jars sit under a black t shirt in the corner when theyre closed though.

what should i do? im getting really discouraged here. my grow was under a 250W hps indoor with mg organic soil. a few pics

pic 1: the bubblegum at about week 5 or 6 of flower i think. they were just about to overgrow the room when this pic was taken

pic 2: the jars of curing weed

pic 3: up close with the 22 gram "mother bud" :smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. damn not a single person can lend any advice? ...shitty

3. Hey man. What type of flowering nutes did you use? Did you flush out your crop 2 weeks before harvest? Im curious as to why they smell like hay too. Did you make sure to do as much leafe clipping as possible that could most likely be it. Scan the bud for any type of mold? Are the inside of those jars wet at all or moist do the stems snap on the bud or still bend? VERY clean jars before putting the bud in?

4. That sucks. I hope you can figure this problem out.

5. hey man, thanks for the response. sorry its taken so long for me to get back.

i used some shitty $5 flowering nutes called "superbloom" i got at lowes. as for flushing, two of my ladies got flushed, but the first lady had to be harvested early due to male flowers popping up all over. so i cut her down at like week 7 of flowering. its this plant that theres a very noticable lack-of-a-high from this plant. you can smoke and smoke and not get high at all.

the leaf clipping you mention though is interesting. i definately didnt do a real "close to the bud" trim. i only realize that now that its dry though. but yes, it is dry. they hung for about 8 days and have been in clean jars since.

i should mention that the plant that i kept alive the longest DOES have a high to it. a mean one too. and the buds are real crystalized. the other two females were cut early because the one developed male flowers (which i mentioned) and the other was cut down around week 9 of flowering because all the fan leaves (even the ones intermingled with buds) turned yellow and then started dying (like CRUMBLE IN YOUR HANDS dying). so i figured it MUST have been ready.

i dunno guys, thanks for any info you can give

6. It sounds to me like you just chopped them too early. Both of them turned hermie? And you said the one you let grow longest has more trich's, and gets you high. Did you ones you chop early have trich's? I just think they weren't fully mature.

7. I kno this is a stupid acusation but that 3rd picture reminds me of a picture of that LEGAL BUD crap that they always advertise in Hightimes with the ugly girl on it. Im pretty sure this isn't your problem but you can never say never haha

8. yeah i got the seeds from buydutchseeds.com which must be some shitty little place, cause the haze my boy grew had the same problem--the shit just started dyin during flowering. oh well, i have plenty of outdoor harvest to hold me over :smoking:

9. i've got some bud curing right now.

and the buds i trimmed really well, basically no leaf at all, smells wonderful.

and i left a bud with leaves still on it, and put it in it's own jar. and it smells like hay.

trim that shit up.