Bubble hash not drying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wEEDhEAD1, Jan 21, 2018.

1. #21 dabs710, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    My hash was literally BHO melt quality the last time I made it and there was no way after a very short time of it drying that I couldn't separate it, it was like dunking live resin into a little water lol. It could've been better because it's better if it's cured properly but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

So if you get some 5* hash like that I recommend you to freeze it immediately and break it up / microplane it fast.

The way I noticed you get good hash without a washing machine is if you hand mix it for like 10 minutes at a time. I used a power drill at the end to get the rest out and honestly it was a complete waste of time, I got a small amount of green hash and had a lot more full melt blonde oil come out before.

I honestly wouldn't run dry material into hash. I'd use it for dry sift kief / RSO / or edibles. I'd run an entire whole plant fresh frozen after the plant's dried for just 3 - 5 days. People say to harvest and bag it up in the freezer after trimming immediately after harvest but this doesn't make sense to me. Although I think it could still work great, it just doesn't sound ideal... like a little bit of a "wet trimming" effect.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That's the way I've been doing it, then trying to cure the hash in jars but don't seem to make much difference to me... think i will try curing the trim first this time.

I don't use anything electric. I have a giant potato masher that looks like it was made for an army cook or something and has about a 2.5 foot handle on it.
    I just agitate it with that for about 10 mins. as you said, and run the trim three times like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. See the way people run BHO live resin is they often let it dry partially / half-way like that so I'm applying the same logic.

I feel when you're ripping nugs off the vine like that that short moment they're sitting before you throw it in the freezer and until it finally goes cool it loses its moisture and terps super fast and it skips the "die on the vine" process, which I can tell there is some type of final process going on especially the first few days. Cause with bubble hash there is a processing issue when the material is completely dry though it is still doable, and immediate fresh frozen is kinda like wet trimming to me. Somewhere in the middle sounds better.

You do the same thing with live rosin. I'm nailing down the point where it's dried enough on the vine and I pull it that the "water goop" is gone but it's gooey as hell. I immediately squish the buds right after clipping them off and it looks like live resin BHO, tastes like it too. I wonder if it's possible to turn the shit into diamonds if I were to submerge the resulting extract in CO2 immediately afterward. I'm unsure about this but I think when I harvest it's worth a try.

4. Bro that is full melt you have sitting there. Just made from trim, with to much plant material in it. You must have mixed the shit out it, or product to dry. I make lots of full melt all the time, and I can tell what you have is good, just smoke and see.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. U guys don't need to dry the plant before u make bubble hash. It's gonna get wet anyway and rehydrate. Why waste the time?

6. Do you mix and remove hash 3 times or do you mix and let sit mix and let sit mix and let sit then Remove the hash in 1 go?

7. Yeah thanks, I stated picking little bits into a spliff the other night, think it helped. I might just have a bong hit with just the hash see what's what.

There 3 seperate bits. The firt bit I mixed by hand for like 10/15 mins. Then 2 more runs with te electric mixer. Someone else said I might need to leave it in the water a by longer before I mix it too.
    Your looks awsome, would you kind listing your steps for me please?

8. Yes, I mix and remove then run it twice more like that... I'm typically too lazy to do it all three times in one session and put the work bag of material in a trash bag and store it in the freezer until i feel like finishing it... sometimes a week or two later.

9. Yeah man, if its dry just submerge and let it sit in the water for like 20-30 mins. so its pliable and won't break apart as easily.

10. Go through the thread. I think I explained a couple of times.

11. I thought I'm going mad, went though a few times. You only posted the once lol.

12. Ah your from my other post. Sorry bud I ask because I like to hear different ways. But yes you've told me yours, Thanks again :D

13. Np.