Bubble Hash Making Question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by KushMane33, Feb 9, 2011.

1. So i just got a 4 bag set of 1 gallon pollen extraction bags...Pollen extraction bags 4 Liter / 1 Gallon - English - Grasscity.com

I have never made hash before and was wondering how much good bud would I need to use to get a decent ammount of hash. I know hash is often made with trim or leafs but I don't grow so I have to use bud. I have access to large ammounts of high grade weed and want to know how much to use. I was thinking of trying a half ounce for my first time incase I mess up but don't know if it would be enough to produce a reasonable ammount of hash. Any advice?

I was also wondering what the difference will be with the product of each bag? I've got a 200 micron, 160 micron, 120 micron, 90 micron and 50 micron. What should i expect as far as potency from each bag and which should I keep as hash?

2. Hello,

I use about 14 grams of top quality buds and I generally get about 2.0 - 2.5 grams of bubble hash.

As far as your 200 micron, 160 micron, 120 micron, 90 micron and 50 micron. it goes as follows:

200 bag is the work bag, they call it the work bag because its the bag that all the plant matter goes into and is where you do all the agitation of the bud, water, and ice.

160 micron is really just another contamination collection bag but there is some resin in there so its good for giving to friends.

90 micro is where the action starts, catches the biggest heads, i get some nice hash from the 90

50 micron should be pretting good, it should catch all the 73 micron and then some.

I use bubble bags and they go 220, 160, 90, 73, 25. I bought the 90 a few weeks later and Im glad I did as I get great hash from it, it also cleans up the 73...you my want to consider getting a 25...I get some great hash from it, not as good as the 73 and 90 but still it catchs the remaining broken heads and smaller heads and I get a nice amount.

You may want to check out my other post on making hash from bud.

Good luck

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesti...71-making-bubble-hash-bud-instead-trim-2.html