Bubble Bucket setup

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Southern_Comfort, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Hey all, I’ve got 4 x 5gal buckets with lids I’ve completely covered in foil/reflective tape. Now my question is, what do y’all use for a filler valve? And is it required I have a resovoir or can I leave the buckets independent of each other and fill them as needed separately?

What setup have you found is successful and simple?

2. Independent buckets equal more work if you take proper care of your plants. Connecting everything is much easier. Filter for what and where?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Dont know much about hydro but i have heard the term bulkhead which is the manifold i believe. Start there. I think controllers can be wired to them.

4. Filler, to fill it with more water. A valve to shut it off so light doesn’t get inside the bucket

5. I misread your original post. I refill my system straight through the control bucket. Another option is to add a float valve to your control bucket with a top up rez attached to the float valve. In the picture where I have circled is where my control bucket would be, it's the same as the other 5 buckets only without a plant. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Right on, control bucket is just a resovoir correct?

7. No issues with light penetrating the pvc?

8. Control bucket is a rez and that's 2in PVC that's probably at least 5mm thick, so no light does not penetrate it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1

9. Thanks brother!

• Like Like x 1

10. No circulation pump necessary just the air pump for bubbles right?

11. If the buckets are connected through a control bucket you definitely need a pump to circulate the water.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1

12. Don’t go far I’m sure I’ll need you back

• Like Like x 1