Bubble Bucket Question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by OneLove77, Jul 22, 2006.

1. ook so i was wondering with all the stuff built and lights set up and everyhthing with the rockwool and rocks and all that stuff done.... what else wud i neeD? just the flora micro flora bloom and flora gro , ph up and down, ph strips and timer to set time for the light times and such? do u think that is enuff

2. You will need some seeds, LOL. Just kidding. A fan? TDS or EC meter? When I started out, I used a Sunleaves pH testing kit where you add a drop of test liquid into a small vial of reservoir solution and compare the resulting color to a chart on the bottle. pH test strips work basically the same way. I was recently able to purchase a Milwaukee 3-in-1 meter to measure my pH and PPM. In comparing the Sunleaves results to the results from my freshly calibrated meter, I found that the Sunleaves test was off about -.3 to -.5. In other words, when the Sunleaves result came out yellow, which is a pH of 6 on the color chart, the meter would read 5.5-5.7. Over the course of a grow this can create problems. A long way of saying that if you can afford it, get a good meter. There are many on the market.

Note: This post is in no way intended to bad-mouth Sunleaves. For a price of 7 or 8 bucks for a pH test kit, Sunleaves can't be expected to deliver exact results. For growers who have a limited budget, it's far, far better than no test at all. The same goes for test 'strips'.

Pigailia