Bubble bucket hydro method 101

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Big Poppa Puff, Feb 20, 2004.

1. thanks!
    and when people say they 'flush' their system.. i'm guessing they completely just empty their entire reservoir and fill it back up again with new water/nutes?

2. So i'm doing a flood and drain method but i was wondering if it would be a good idea to maybe put an air pump into my reservoir. I mean it couldn't hurt and would help to stimulate microbial activity in my nutes. What do u guys think? Would it be worth the $12 at Wallmart?

3. bunch of questions, never heard bb till today

how does it work?
    how can u grow with almost no soil in it?
    how can roots stay in water for 4 to 6 months?
    where all the nutritions comes from?

more to come :wave:

4. I will show you all my:hello: bucket :hello:gimme a couple days to snap some pics:rolleyes: its like whoaaa ....you know crazy growth first time for me too so its like luck or something like that ....

5. I just started my first BB setup yesterday. Transplanted my nearly dead, but recently discovered female from Miracle Grow Time release. This thread really helped out a lot!

+Rep!

6. Waddo, how do you completely drain the system and put in new nutes?
    Assuming you have, lets say, an 18 gallon container your growing your girls in then your saying you would have another 18 gallon rez sitting beside that one so you could use that one to fill and check ph levels.
    But if the two are connected by just some hose or pvc pipe for the water to run thru how do you get all the water out of the container the plants are in?
    Wouldnt you have to have a water pump?

7. A lot of growers using soil take a few grows to figure out the best mix. With hydro, you need to pay alot of attention to how your plants react to each batch of nute and immediately react if something isnt right. I just did my first hydro grow after many years of using soil. I did have some issues dialing it in at the start of each phase, but the plants react so fast in hydro if you react just as fast, I think you'll learn your mixture in one grow. My last batch of "ripen" just made the plants explode, the first one was too strong but I learned

8. after i finish my soil grow ill be going into the bubble bucket system (homemade) using 15 gallon tubs , the strain i have for it is 100% sativa arjan's ultra haze #1 known to grow 20' + in length
    ill be dedicating my lounge room for this project
    and will be doing the LST method
    i have 6 400watt hps lights going towards 1 plant
    and to increase the yield by 300% + ill be super cropping
    my aim is to yield between 3.5 grams - 5.5 grams per watt with full vegetation
    growth to 20' +
    i know a few people will be saying pfffttttt
    but this is possible using sativa's / LST / 15 gallon tubs in a bubble bucket system and i will prove it with pics and vids
    trust me !

9. so if you dont live around anywhere where you can get hydro nutes. then would say Alaskan fish fertilizer work?

10. I am using Technoflora nutes (BC Grow, BC Boost, BC Bloom) in bubble buckets. I am mixing the nutes to 1/2 strength. I will be buying a PH/TDS/EC meter soon.

What should my ppm and ph be set at?

11. on my second grow, seedling stage now, but germinated in those little cone shaped root balls as before they work well, my 2 questions are,

is a bb and a fogger the same? If not, can you use both, or is it one or the other?

I am in the seedling stage and i will be transferring into 6" rockwool cubes, they hold so much water that my first sucessful crop only got fed once a week from start of veg through harvest.

If i build either of these, how will the roots get water when i transfer into the 6" cubes if the roots are not penetrating through yet.

Just for note these are 4 w.w., which the first grow was flood and drain, then just dunking the ladies into the solution, very intensive. alot of hard work, yet ver rewarding. The best i have ever seen or smoked. It was sucessful, but wondering if there is an easier way, the bb sounds cheap and i can get all the stuff cheap. I have heard the possibility of both bb and fogger, unless they are the same. How often is the feeding, do you lift the lid to find out if feeding is needed or how does that work? I am looking for the easiest/least maintanence, i already spend hours with just the seedlings, as i spent long hours with the ladies on the last one. I dont want have to drag and dump 20 gallons of water every 5 days again. any advice is welcome, thank you, i have referred a veterean to this site, its great and thanks for info.:wave:

12. on my second grow, seedling stage now, but germinated in those little cone shaped root balls as before they work well, my 2 questions are,

is a bb and a fogger the same? If not, can you use both, or is it one or the other?

I am in the seedling stage and i will be transferring into 6" rockwool cubes, they hold so much water that my first sucessful crop only got fed once a week from start of veg through harvest.

If i build either of these, how will the roots get water when i transfer into the 6" cubes if the roots are not penetrating through yet.

Just for note these are 4 w.w., which the first grow was flood and drain, then just dunking the ladies into the solution, very intensive. alot of hard work, yet ver rewarding. The best i have ever seen or smoked. It was sucessful, but wondering if there is an easier way, the bb sounds cheap and i can get all the stuff cheap. I have heard the possibility of both bb and fogger, unless they are the same. How often is the feeding, do you lift the lid to find out if feeding is needed or how does that work? I am looking for the easiest/least maintanence, i already spend hours with just the seedlings, as i spent long hours with the ladies on the last one. I dont want have to drag and dump 20 gallons of water every 5 days again. any advice is welcome, thank you, i have referred a veterean to this site, its great and thanks for info.:wave:

Anyone heard of the HOLLAND SECRET FEEDING SCHEDULE AND NUTES? What do you think?

13. I'm getting ready to start my first DWC, and I had a question:

can you simply add nutes to the existing solution or do you have to change out all the solution whenever the ppm drops too low?

14. I have a BB that I am using outdoors. Made it a couple of weeks ago. I have a test plant in it now just making sure I get everything right before I put the good stuff in to grow. I have one major concern right now. I live in an area that is getting triple digit temps right now. I checked my water temp in my BB to day and it was like 93F. Is that too hot? I have a feeling the heat is going to be a problem for my BB's. What would be the optimal BB water temp for some Purple Diesel or Northern Lights #5?

15. Good question......I want this answer too!

16. I'm building my bubble bucket system right now.

Here is an overhead view of my plan, get yourself a water pump and you won't have to drag and dump btw.

This is going in a 4x4x6.5" grow tent, hence the square configuration.

[​IMG]

17. I'm just trying to learn everything I can, this is definitely not a cheap hobby to start :)

18. Indeed, I'm actually just now ready to get started. All I need is clones.

I'm probably at around.. $850 so far.