Bubble bucket hydro method 101

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Big Poppa Puff, Feb 20, 2004.

1. #561 Deleted member 824854, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2019
    Q

2. I did this set up an i only have a 400watt light MH, anyway im tryin to figure out what went wrong with my set up well plants cuz i switched em from this little germinating house to a BB an 2 of my plants died? Were those just a weak strain or did i do something wrong. I used distilled water PH 5.5-5.6 with a little root growth nutes thats it put em under my MH light but raised the light about 3' from BB set up an the nex morning 2 dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. How big were the 2 that died

©🐝🌛

4. When do i do my firs res change out?

5. They were about 2-3" from the top of the "quick root" plug.

6. Usually 1 time a week, if the res looks and smells clean then you can go longer with it up to 2 weeks.

©🐝🌛

7. My daughter's about three and half weeks old, and as you can see, she is growing very slowly. Her bottom leaves are also dying and I have no idea what the cause is. At first i thought it was so I removed a lot of the water/nutrient mix and added more water to it (I had just changed the solution and didn't want to waste more nutrients from dumping it). However, not the problem went from browning on the edges to yellowing in the center. Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it? I'm not sure if i posted this in the right place, I am also new to this site so I appreciate any advice and apologize if this isn't where I should be asking for it.

Attached Files:

8. 24c is like 75f so I don't think maintaining that would be very fun. You'd defiantly need to change water weekly and use a hydro guard type chemical. I'm sure it could be done though, I keep my water temps at 60-68f.

©🐝🌛

9. Throw those in a black bucket and keep the water a couple inches below the bottom of the net pot. Keep the water ph at 5.5-6.0 you'll also need a air stone looks like your roots are not breathing. Also don't use any nutes while there in shock like that. Don't submerge the roots in water let them reach for the water, the evap from the water and bubble stone will keep the roots moist and fed.

©🐝🌛

10. #571 Kushberry Crunch, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    Hey blades

11. I have a bigger plant that i just put in a bigger net pot, the other net pot i had it in the roots were in the water. I was wondering if it would have regrew more roots if i just put it in the bigger net pot an let the roots that were in the water just coil up in the bottom of the bigger net pot.
    (Dam if that aint a newbie question.) LOL i guess i wanna jus confirm it.

12. Really you only need a big enough net pot to handle the girth of the plant stalk. The roots will do what they need to. Bigger net pots also support the plant better cause your able to fit more medium. Hope that helps

©🐝🌛

13. Fuck what haha

©🐝🌛

14. Fuck I can't curse

15. Hey guys. Im a noob. Especially when it come to hydro. Got no fancy tools. Just a little mcgyver instinct. This seems to be working just want someone who knows what there talkin abouts point of view. Kitty litter bucket. 12$ walmart air pump . Go box nutes.Red solo cup. Aquarium stone. What size plant can i expect. And am i completly f*@#ing this up?

All help greatly apreciated.

Attached Files:

16. Seems to be doin good. Ive seen others here bring plants to harvest in 3" net pots.

17. i would think its hard to say the size plant u will get because it wasnt pisted if u do any type of training LST,Fim,Top,Mainline,Super crop,etc. but if u just letting it grow out u can even do a longer veg period to get bigger plants. Ill bet u atleast get 2+ oz from a plant tho just by letting them grow out 3-4 months.

18. Is there a correct way to determine plant size for a certain size container. Or maybe i was unclear in my question. Im not so much wondering about the plant in there right now per say. I meant what size plant could this size container of this method of hydro could it accomodate? But thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.