Bubble bucket hydro method 101

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Big Poppa Puff, Feb 20, 2004.

1. I had buds form in the center of fan leaves on a few of my plants, it was weird but they got to a decent size sometimes, I just let them grow. I was growing all soil at the time, so its probably just something weird with the plants genetics.

Have you cloned them a lot? I always wondered if that would have an effect on this, because I cloned that strain many times.

2. Nope never cloned. These were just random bag seeds. Just harvested the plant ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406994671.086531.jpg got about 4 ounce wet and trimmed from it

3. Attached Files:

4. Unreal thread started good. Then nothing but noobs repeating the same question over again :(

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #546 rootyroots, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Nice ideas

6. #547 rootyroots, Sep 25, 2014

Pics

7. #549 rootyroots, Sep 25, 2014
    ☺👍

8. I have two bubblicious and two northern lights (nirvana) in 5 gallon dwc buckets and so far everything has gone smoothly I did run into some minor issues early but easily corrected them. I have never grown in soil but hydro is very smooth and problems seem able to be corrected fast if found early. Checking the ph is what I slack on but not very often. Just set them up and watch how fast they grow. It's amazing to see an inch or two of growth in a day or two! Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

9. nice man I do want to go organic eventually but in the mean time dwc is great practice.

Let's Smoke About It....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack

10. I just re-read my above post I guess it's contradicting. Was trying to get some advice on ebb and flow and whether I should go with buckets, flood try, dwc, etc. I'm just beg with hydro but I've been growing indoor going on 4 years. Not sure what pump size, reservoir, etc. I should get. Was think of going with an 18 3 gal bucket set up with a 55 gal res. Also I've been told I should get a chiller too. Is it necessary? My goal is to hit 1lb a light. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

11. Reflective tape

12. Rocking 4, 2 place totes. A lot of setup if ya go homemade, but you learn. Learned a bunch on grow weed easy, the bubbler section by Sirius Fourside.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. So, I am very glad I have found this thread, you rock! I am reading the whole thing before I ask questions, I have quite a few. I have already set up 2 tents, one for seedling/clone/veg(4'x8' with seedling 4 small net pot Tupperware and (4) 3.5 gal pots to transfer seedlings into for veg) and one for flowering (5'x5') for flowering 6 pot +res all 5gal. interconnected with recirculating pump). Will soon be posting questions and just wanted to thank you for all the great info.!!!

1stsfdoc

14. Ok, finished tread...
    1st question: Can I pre-prep my water. Meaning can I take 5 gallon buckets, set my Ph... My nutrients? This could be done how far in advance? Week, Month? I ha a RO filter and it would be able to put it together(water & nutrients) during non-busy times(work life), and when I refresh just use the pre-prepped water. Thanks!

1stsfdoc

15. I have a 5gal dwc set up with 5 buckets 5 plants and 2 1200w full spectrum led lights that only put out 340w actual each. They started out as clones with roots formed, and I've been feeding them GH bloom,grow,micro,floralicious plus,calimagic, and most recent water change added flora fresh. I've been doing the 1tsp/gal for about 15 days now and seems like they should be growing faster??idk this is my first grow. Any info or advise I'm open too thanks. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293848.171245.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293924.721226.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293950.771153.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293975.804474.jpg

©🐝🌛
    I have a 5gal dwc set up with 5 buckets 5 plants and 2 1200w full spectrum led lights that only put out 340w actual each. They started out as clones with roots formed, and I've been feeding them GH bloom,grow,micro,floralicious plus,calimagic, and most recent water change added flora fresh. I've been doing the 1tsp/gal for about 15 days now and seems like they should be growing faster??idk this is my first grow. Any info or advise I'm open too thanks. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293848.171245.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293924.721226.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293950.771153.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416293975.804474.jpg

©🐝🌛

16. #559 Peflora, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    I have done DWC bubble buckets and found them too much work and a waste of nutes, PLUS, a pain to clean the buckets while growing

An outboard rez makes life so much easier

My next hydro was top feed via Hydro Halo rings, which works really well, but they clog

Also, water tends to channel (following path of least resistance), so not all roots get the same amount of food

I found that the roots inside the net pot (closest to the plant) benefit significantly from being fed, so...

I returned to my hydro roots which is F & D, but as I only grow a few plants, I miniaturized it.

I call it my DIY Mini-Me F & D

Parts are cheap Set up is easily expandable

My threads here use this system which is now v 2.0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Interesting, would you say the pictures I posted of my meds are looking ok, I could put drip lines on the top to get the roots in the net pots but aren't they the same roots hanging in the water?

©🐝🌛