Bubble Bucket Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by HOPT, Nov 21, 2017.

1. #1 HOPT, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    So my friend talked me into DWC so i rigged a cheap DIY. I was first think of just having a plant root quickly in this but end game will end up in a 7.5 gallon smart pot. I just want to ask for any advice to help make the go as smoothly as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. are you saying that you'll be transplanting it from a dwc into dirt in a fabric pot? That pic doesnt work.

3. Yea i cant seem to upload any pics bummer, but yea i wanna root out the seedling then later transplant to soil, depending on how it goes ill run a complete harvest in the System

4. It is definently possible but not sure why you would want to. I did it but my hand was forced. DWC will not make the plant "root" faster as it takes time for the roots to reach the water res, that's when the growth explodes.
    So you'll still be hand watering (or drip feeding) the same as you would in soil (untill roots hit water). If your going DWC stick with it. Going from DWC to soil will most likely slow her down (transplant shock). Making all the "speedy growth" for nothing.
    Just my 2 cents

400w hid 5G DWC coco Berry Bomb first indoor grow

5. Something like that to jump start root growth but supposable it would be more harmful then Good so idk

6. Don't think it would be harmful... in theory it would do what you want.
    [​IMG]
    Could put your seed into one of these sponges so the roots don't have to go through a medium.. and the transfer would be much easier (in theory).

Don't let what people say discourage you. Think outside the box even if we don't understand it lol

400w hid 5G DWC coco Berry Bomb first indoor grow

7. Not discourage but im doing more studying to fail proof it and i think i have a method that would allow me to do it. So Far i have been trying out my idea with my first plant and i have another one that poked above ground 2 days ago and three more germinating. The second seedling is in the same method but different medium on my first plant im not sure if its because its working or other contributing factors. But the plant seems to like it. If anyone one knows a way to upload pictures so i can share the plants progress & compared to the other plants that will soon follow would be appreciated.