Bubble Bucket Grow Cab

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by siobber, Nov 24, 2011.

1. #1 siobber, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    Ahhh.... It feels good to be back-ish! :smoke:

Alrighty... So I'm finally starting this journal up!

No luck on the re-installing of my OS on my desktop computer.. And wouldn't you know - my ethernet port on iBook isn't working.. So I can't do updates from home anymore.. Or until I get this computer situation figured out. Luckily there's free wifi where I work! :D

So this cab is sort of a work in progress right now... the major problems right now is getting/installing my exhaust fans and carbon filters... but those have to wait until I have a significant amount of money to blow.. And with my GF's birthday and Christmas coming up... Money is going to be tight... But it still works as a grow cab for the most part right now - so I'm using it.

I'm going to try and not be so long-winded this time around (except for this first post which is gonna be long due to updating informations and what-not).. I'm sure that was a turn-off for readers in the past.. Maybe it wasn't.. Normally I smoke while I'm checking out my babies - so I'm pretty high by the time updating comes around - which usually causes me to ramble on and on... Haha! :smoke:

Anyways... Let's get ya'll updated on what's gone down since the beginning for those who may not have followed my last journal or those who have forgotten what all went down...

So this grow started where a failing grow left off...
    My first error was when my dog broke my pH meter and then I thought I could handle things without one... That was a mistake for sure! Ordered a new one of those. Just a cheap $40 pH Pen off Amazon...
    Second, I never even had a PPM meter... Ordered one of those... just a cheap $20 EC Pen off Amazon...
    Third, I didn't really have a solid place to grow. I mean, my closet was good enough for just one light cycle going... But I don't wanna have to buy weed anymore.. Or as little as possible... So that means I needed somewhere I could have clones, plants vegging and plants flowering... Preferably all in the same "space." ... Then I found my cab.

It was $20 on craigslist.. It was prefect for what I needed... Wasn't too big.. But big enough to grow and have my three separate chambers - I had to have it.

I got my cab. Painted it. Sealed it up (Other than the doors... But once I get my fans - I'll be all over the sealing of the front part). Got all of my power strips and everything set-up... Then I moved my clones to the clone chamber. (That was about a month ago). A few weeks later I decided to try and germinate a few seeds just for fun and one of them ended up making it (had a neglectful weekends where the stonewool cubes completely dried out)...

About a week ago I got the three clones transferred to the bubble buckets and into the veg chamber. I numbered the buckets 1, 2, and 3 so I could keep track of them easier when documenting...

Then I got to thinking... There isn't much room at all for my plants and buckets with three in a chamber (especially when they're fully grown).. So I decided just for fun to put one of my clones into flowering.

So as of right now I'm at:
    - 2 Clones (#1 and #3) and a small slant (from seed) Vegging in the Veg chamber
    - 1 Clone (#2) starting the flowering cycle in the Flowering chamber

LIGHTS:

Veg chamber: I have 10 x 26W Daylight Spectrum CFL bulbs in the Veg Chamber
    (I'm debating about removing a couple since I have plenty of light and I'm having troubles keeping the temps below 90... I'll add a fan and see how that helps first)

Flowering chamber: As of right now I have 4 x 26W Soft White Spectrum CFL bulbs in the Flowering chamber. I'm hoping to someday switch to an HPS lamp... But that will be when I have everything finished and some extra scratch... Haha!

They're doing okay for the time being.. There were a couple days they went where their pH was high (like 6.8) but I've had it under control for a few days. I think they're doing okay.

Before I transferred them into the bubble buckets, I had the PPMs in the 800-900 range. Initially, I started them out at about 600-700PPM but today I increased all of them into the high 700's, low 800's for PPMs. pH has been fairly stable around 5.9-6.1.

My pictures I have are from about 2 days ago, but everything looks pretty much the same...
    PICTURES:
    2011-11-22 10.18.34.jpg

2011-11-22 09.58.42.jpg
    2011-11-22 09.58.51.jpg

2011-11-22 09.58.59.jpg
    2011-11-22 09.59.09.jpg

2011-11-22 10.06.56.jpg

2011-11-22 10.11.18.jpg
    2011-11-22 10.18.16.jpg
    ... I accidentally left the cab open while I took a nap.. My dog ended up doing some damage to #2... But she's salvage-able... I think... Here's the damage:
    2011-11-22 14.53.34.jpg
    2011-11-22 14.55.23.jpg

What do ya'll think so far?? :D We'll see how the desktop situation goes.. I may try and get my GF's wireless router from her this weekend so I can actually use the internet I pay for. Haha! ... Buuuuut, as a warning - my updates and checking back on the forum may be limited to my work schedule for the time being... Sorry if I don't get back to ya'll right away!

As always, let me know what ya'll think!

2. Whats up grow buddy? Glad you got another one growin agin!!! Subbed and dubbed my brother.. Lookin great so far, Super stoked man!!!

3. Hey there! :D

Thanks man! It feels good to be back on the forums! I wish I could have a week off of school all of the time! Haha! :p

Thanks for the kind words man! I'd rep ya, but evidently I gotta "spread the love" still... :(

p.s. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :D

4. Looks good :)

What are the strains? And what lights are you using for each chamber? Or did i miss that?
    Hmmmm

I am high right now so am having sudden lapses my short term memory.

Will definitely be with you on this one.
    I can relate to dogs eating plants though. They seem to LOVE eating the hydroton, too.

Again, great pics. :)

Puff Puff Pass

5. Haha! Wow! I totally forgot to put that information in there! Thanks for pointing that out! :D

I'll go back an edit.. But since you asked:
    I'm using CFLs right now. They're the 26W bulbs. I have 8 Daylight Spectrum (The ones that look more white) in the Veg chamber and 4 Soft White (The yellow-er looking ones) in the flowering. I'm hoping to get a HPS for the flowering chamber... But that's only after I get my fans and what-not installed.

Yeah... She was all about the hydroton! Haha! She chewed up quite a bit... :p

Thanks for following my grow! I can use all of the help I can get! :D

6. Good to see you got another grow goin.

Remember to keep those water temps below 75

7. Haha! Thanks man! :D Will do! I may need to do some water-bottle freezing like you were doing.. I've been forgetting to check my res temp.. So I'll have to get on that next time I check on things.

8. Dude your avatar pic still freaks me out!

If I were you I would have more bulbs in the flowering chamber than the clone/veg chamber. Or at least have the same. But I am assuming you plan to change it around as the plants grow and change.

Definitely get a HPS to flower. You will be super happy with the results. I learned by the time you spend your money on wiring and creating the CFL lighting you can spend almost the same amount of money on a cheap (still quality) hps

9. #9 MrWeeds, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    [quote name='"siobber"']

Haha! Wow! I totally forgot to put that information in there! Thanks for pointing that out! :D

I'll go back an edit.. But since you asked:
    I'm using CFLs right now. They're the 26W bulbs. I have 8 Daylight Spectrum (The ones that look more white) in the Veg chamber and 4 Soft White (The yellow-er looking ones) in the flowering. I'm hoping to get a HPS for the flowering chamber... But that's only after I get my fans and what-not installed.

Yeah... She was all about the hydroton! Haha! She chewed up quite a bit... :p

Thanks for following my grow! I can use all of the help I can get! :D[/quote]

What size is your flowering space?
    This is a good inexpensive hps light for smaller spaces. Built in ballast.

MiniFloralux_Gallery.jpg

*edit*
    It is easier for me to upload pics with the Android App than it is via my computer…wtf.
    Oh well. :)

10. seen this light, its fuckin legit. perfect for your space siobber. its about 100 bucks too...

keep it up man, they look straight.

11. [quote name='"fif3l"']seen this light, its fuckin legit. perfect for your space siobber. its about 100 bucks too...

keep it up man, they look straight.[/quote]

:)

My grower friend uses 3 of them.

12. Thinking about starting clones in areo buckets so i can just switch lid's into recirculating buckets when veg is over. I was very happy with results this time. 24 hrs light 3 weeks for veg and the strawberry has beasted. So i am wondering if i will get same root growth without top watering.

13. Hey siobber, u dropped off again. U were sposed to stay updated with us, remember?

Happy new year buddy.

14. #14 siobber, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    Sorry Y'all! I dropped off again! I lost my internet for a while due to ice or something and then got super busy.. Plus my landlord is starting to show my apartment.. so it's really putting my cab to the test.. 2 showings, and no one's noticed.. Haha! So far so good. :D

Up to this point I've harvested the clone that was in flowering.. Though it wasn't much of a harvest.. I didn't take pictures because it was kind of pathetic.. Smoked good after drying.. I have half of it curing still..

I also harvested the seedling.. I put it into flowering at about 6-8inches tall and it TOOK OFF! Haha! Turned out to be female and produced a decent amount of bud for being a tiny plant.. I also kind-of super-cropped it.. I took pictures pre-harvest and the buds after cutting:

I've also put a second of the original clones into flowering.. I'm not sure how long ago exactly.. But I think it's been about 3 weeks.. I'll look it up later.. Haha! It's looking pretty good so far though.. I'll attach pictures of that one as well.

The clone remaining in the Veg chamber is looking kind of sad.. I don't know if it's because it's been in veg too long or what.. I don't have any recent pictures of that one though..

There's a brief update.. I'll try to get back on soon and answer everyone's questions! Thanks for stayin with me! Haha! :D

For some odd reason it's letting me upload attachments but it's not letting me insert them in the post.. Odd.. I'll try editing later.. They should be attached though!

Attached Files:

15. oh theyre attached bro! looks like you got shit straightened out, theyre lookin FANTASTIC bro!!!!!! good fuckin job man! you pull any of those bitches yet?! just dont pull em to early. wait til thyre about to die. for real.

damnman, good job, im happy as fuck for you! your gonna love smokin your own shit

16. please tell me you r smoking some weeed u grew yourself siobber!!