bT recommendations

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by newhobbyfarmer, Sep 17, 2015.

1. I hate to do this to you all, but I'm in a rush, so I don't have time right now to dig up the answers.

I have, or will have problems with bud worms this year. I'm heading to town (more than an hour away) to pick up some mosquito dunks, because I know that's the organic solution. What I can't remember, and don't have to time to find, is how to apply it. I have a sprayer, but how much, how often, and when please?

Thank you SO much!! I spend all winter reading on this forum, but I can't seem to find this in my notes right now. Although I admit, it's probably because I'm panicking.....

2. Everyone seems to be using the safer brand worm killer. You can use it up to 2 weeks of harvest with no transfer worries. Or if your stuck with dunks go one per 5 gallon bucket should do.

3. dunks and bit are the wrong variety of BT for budworms. dunks is BTi which is a subspecies that only kills fungus gnat larvae. you'll need a bottled product that is called BT or bacteria thurengenus or however its spelled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies kurstaki. I keep an old bottle handy cause I can't spell it either.

I get THURICIDE concentrate, but the Safers is the same stuff, but premixed.

Wet

• Like Like x 6
  5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Just a few of the several major brands of BT-k you'll encounter.. Like wet I use the Thuricide brand as it's the one my local garden center stocks.. Weekly treatments at the mid level mix ratio seems to do the job.. Late summer if the bug zapper is more filled then usual I'll hit them twice a week for the month of Sept as BT is rapidly broken down by sunlight..
    I sweep out the bodies every morning so I can keep track of how bad the moths are..
    [​IMG]
    So Cal grants me the ability to flower outside year round but plagues me with an endless supply of moths.. This is the low power 15 watt stinger with the grills cut away.. I picked it just for the design I can brush clean each day.. Ace hardware ordered it up when everybody else said off season item you'll have to wait till spring when my last one burned out..
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. I wanted to come back and say thank you all for your timely advice. It took me two weeks, through my own stubborn refusal to order it online, but I did finally and it worked like a charm. Bonus - it will help save my trees from bagworms too. Nice!

Happy holidays, everyone!

7. What are bagworms?

Attached Files: