Brushed Off Or Busy?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Foxtrot, May 4, 2014.

1. So here's one for the guys who don't really understand how women hint they don't like you.

Mainly because I'm also unsure.

I have this girl at my work who I'm into currently and I was fairly certain she liked me too. The only problem being that I've taken AGES to make a move.

She mentioned last week that she's doing a practical or something for university. So we've been texting a bit back and forth. Both of us don't really keep the conversation going since we see each other at work anyway.

She has my hat from a previous night (long story) and it's been about two weeks since that night. She forgot it on Friday and I texted her on Saturday, here's how it started:

Me: You in tonight?
    Her: Sure am! Haha I won't be going home before work though so I can't get your hat! Sorry!
    Me: I'm going to slap you first thing I do when I get to work. (this is a running joke)
    4 hours later me: You're not even working tonight. I owe you a slap. You free this week?
    Her: Haha I went in to work thinking I was rostered on!
    Her: Sorry man I've got prac all week, I'm working tomorrow though. Will bring it in and leave it at work :)
    Me: That sucks I was thinking Tuesday at eight.
    Her: Sorry I literally can't afford a free night next week! (I assume this means this week) I put your hat down near the log on computer

Writing this out I realised she was constantly talking about the hat but I'd like to know your opinions blades. The other night she literally said to me "What do you want?" in a sad voice like she was upset I wasn't acting. She's given me other signs (way earlier mind you) that she might want a date. But I'm not sure if she's actually busy or not. I don't want to become that dude who can't take a hint.

2. You didn't even ask her out, so how could she have brushed you off?

3. "Tuesday at eight" doesn't sound like a date suggestion to you?

4. It sounds to me like she was interested and probably lost interest because you didn't act. Maybe she really is just busy, it is that time of year for school. Wait till its over and try again. If she makes an excuse that time she isn't interested. This time make your feelings known somehow.

No that didn't sound like a date suggestion. It seemed like a can we meet at 8 so I can get my hat

5. Not when you're talking about something entirely unrelated.

She's obviously busy this week, so drop it. But once this week is over, ask her out and be fucking clear about it. "Let's go out on Tuesday at eight."

6. Alright cheers guys. Probably for the best anyway since asking a girl out over text is a pussy move.

7. Not necescarily. Not when it seems like you want to meet up for some other reason.

Ask her out actually sometime later (I agree, it seems like she actually is busy this week) and don't be shy and vauge about it.

8. #8 Foxtrot, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Ok not sure what to think blades. I legit asked her "You free this week?" and she goes "I don't think I'll have a free day for 14 weeks". She didn't really say this in a serious/mean tone, more of a depressed one. We're talking with work mates after hours and they were teasing her a bit for not having a boyfriend. She's saying how she wants some kind of physicality in her life.

So I walk her back to our cars after (they were parked really close) and I ask her about her university whatever, she goes on about how she's working really hard and basically doesn't have a social life. It sounded legit since she listed pretty much what she has to do on EVERY SINGLE DAY. She's basically working full time as well as the job we both do.

Not really sure how I should leave this. I'm pretty convinced she's just busy as hell but she literally said she's won't have a social life up until October and I'm inclined to believe her. I think it'd be hard to come up with bullshit that fast and that precise for that long.

I guess I'll just tell her if she finds I free day before October, to give me a bell and leave the ball in her court.

Edit: Actually re-reading that I'm fucking clueless.

9. I'm gonna say you missed the hint. No one is that busy. I like her style though, upfront and douchey

10. It wasn't really upfront and douchey though ^

Fuck it a hint's not good enough for me. I'm going to get it straight.

11. #11 massitha, May 9, 2014
    do people really worry this much over others they arent even invested in yet... just wait it out, she seems actually busy dood. <3

12. #12 Foxtrot, May 9, 2014

You have no fucking idea.

13. I just move on quick it's my M.O. This girl I had class with and texted a lot over winter break told me she was busy (and she was, D1 athlete) and it would be hard to find time to go out with me during the season. So I didnt text her back. Ever. 4 months later and her season just ended. Guess who I got a text from to hang out?

14. <33 :bongin:

i have a faint idea. there used to be a boy i worried about almost constantly. but when u worry and they dont it gets old. i wish u luck where i have failed however.

15. OP, just ask her on a date!

If she says no I'm busy, pull something like "Oh Okay, maybe some other time."

You never know if you don't try man. Maybe she'll try to make room in that busy ass schedule of hers.

16. I've been that busy before.

17. 14 weeks!? I understand she may not have a ton of free time but if I was interested in someone I would make time at least an hour a week to see them. Idk maybe its just me

18. Shifty situations like this are a good part of the reason I've all but sworn off of women at this point.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. No it sounds like you were trying to schedule a time to get your hat back. Ask her out for real.