Bruno...Your Opinion, Did it go too far?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dawcta Jake, Jul 20, 2009.

1. I've heard so many conflicting opinions about this movie. Please only reply if you've seen it.

Thoughts on it?

I found it ground breakingly hilarious, and when the dick is dancing and says "BRUNO!" I just about shit myself laughing. Literally.

2. It was the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters.

Worse than Happy Feet, and Twilight.

Yes, really.

3. Agreed

4. Why? What made it so bad for you?

5. just went and seen it a few parts had me laughing but that was it there was a very long wait in between and the rest was just plain boring and gay

6. It was basically just toilet humor. No real plot, just gay jokes and male nudity.

Sure, it pushed the limits, but it was a terrible movie. imo.

7. Well yeah, but when you go to see a movie like Borat or Bruno, your not going for the plot of the movie...Your going to have a good laugh. I can see why you would think it's a terrible movie, looking for a plot in that mess.

8. For sure. But if I wanted some cheap laughs I'd get on Youtube for free, instead of paying $10.

9. Then why did you go? lol

10. Because I got high :smoke:

11. Yeah, maybe thats the reason it sucked? I dunno. I watched it sober with my brother, have to take him out once a week so i figured i'd go see that.

12. #12 HCL, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
    Why are people complaining it was too gay if they saw the previews and knew it was about a gay guy who also played Borat. Don't fault the movie on it since you knew it was going to be there.

13. borat was better....to me anyways

14. I think Sasha is a genious. Plain and simple. Whether or not he is trying to show people's true colors, he does. He show how people really are.

15. the truth is often the funniest thing of all

16. I can agree with this. He always does a good job of bringing out the bad in people.

I personally don't think the movie went "too far" but I don't think it was good. I feel that there just was not enough character to build on. Bruno is a shallow character who in a 2 minute segment on the show was really funny, but putting him in a feature length just didn't work.

TT

17. #17 tonys, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
    I thought the movie was over the top. Funny, once a movie goes too far, these days, it is more annoying than shocking. I rated the movie a C on Polladium.

Vote anonymously: Bruno or Borat

Bruno or Borat Poll on Polladium

Tony S.