Bruce Lee vs. Anderson Silva

Discussion in 'General' started by 420-024-, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While Bruce was definitely a legit martial artists in the traditional kung fu sense, he also trained in boxing and did some judo with Gene Lebell. But would he beat Anderson Silva? Probably not. I'd give Bruce Lee a better chance against guys like BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar, dudes similair in size to him.

2. I would bet my life on bruce. He would kick silva in the diaphram with such power and accuracy the he would be winded for a minute or so. And probably go unconscious.

3. There isn't even a question here, Bruce Lee was easily one of the greatest martial artists of modern times, and in every fight ive seen Silva win he bitches out the whole time and then quickly gets them into a submission when there knackered from chasin him around for like 3 goddamn rounds.

There would be no dodgin Bruce though me methinks :laughing: Hed just do some crazy flyin asain kick from across the ring and destroy Silva's head.

4. bruce lee is way too fast for silva. this is how it would play out...they both get into the octagon....match begins...they start to move torwards eachother....BAM...bruce lee does one of those super mothafuckin speedy kicks to silva's head. the end.

5. remember the anthony pettis kick? imagine a hundred of those except 10x faster. bruce hands down

6. You obviously haven't seen Silva fight since that description of his fights is totally and completely wrong. He hasn't lost since 2006, he's the knockout king and almost none of his fisghts go the distance. Did you see him demolish Okami on Saturday? He generally uses a good portion of the first round to find his range, then it's all over. He's the best fighter I've ever seen and the most accurate striker, and I've been watching for a long time.

In a sanctioned match using UFC rules, Silva would easily beat Lee, no contest at all. In a street fight, who knows? Anything could happen. Silva is a professional fighter, the best in the world, Lee wasn't. He wouldn't stand a chance.

7. Mr lee for sure

He will just twist you up spit you out in the same motion..

Peace..

Keepontoking...

8. This! :devious:

9. #49 Oblivion420, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Size means nothing if you can't use it. Have you ever boxed before? Reach means nothing, if you can't use it either. It all comes down to speed and endurance. Not weight and reach. Silva would go down, there's no way he would match lee's strength and speed combo, it's not going to happen.

10. In all fairness I havnt seen Silva fight for a while but the only one I properly remember is his fight against Chael Sonnen where he was doing very little punching and just getting battered by Sonnen the whole time then just managed to pull a cheeky submission near the end. That pissed me off :laughing:

11. But Silva can use his size and reach and has proven it over and over again. I have yet to see him even come close to gassing out so endurance isn't an issue. Speed is nice - if you can hit someone where it counts. Silva is also very fast. I would place accuracy above speed and nobody is a more accurate striker than the Spider, nobody. There's no one left at 185 for him to fight - he's beaten everyone convincingly and he's destroyed everyone he's moved up to fight at 205. There probably aren't 2 or 3 guys at 205 who could even give him a run for his money. Not taking anything away from Lee but Silva goes 6'2", over 200 lbs., with a 78" reach and has proven he's one of the best fighters of all time. A guy like Lee would never get close enough to any damage and if he did, he wouldn't be able to get away. Legends don't win fights, fighters win fights.

12. Thats why Lee always wins.

Ill give Silvia has the weight advantage, but pound for pound, Lee is far superior in speed and strength. Not to mention Lee is undoubtedly unmatched in his skills as a martial artist. Silvia would probably be an accountant right now if it werent for Lee.

13. Lee always wins against who?

EDIT - Silva's had 35 professional fights btw.

14. Bruce just does stupid flashy show crap. He couldn't hold up in a real fight, or a street fight. He would get destroyed by a brawler. Anyone in the MMA could beat the crap out of him. Any chump with any boxing experience would whip him. Show me a real fight he has had, and not some stupid exhibition fight?

15. Lee is the best fighter so...everyone.

Anyone who says Lee cant hold himself in a 'real' fight obviously knows pretty much nothing about Lee or his philosophy

16. Really show me evidence? Besides stupid exhibitions? In the early UFC there were so called Kung Fu masters and Karate Experts that fought in the early ones, they all got destroyed by anyone with even a little wrestling experience. A boxer knocked out a Kung Fu guy. It's all on video.

17. #57 Oblivion420, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lolwut

18. I think he had some remarkable skills and fighting insights, and would probably do well as a fighter...within reason. To think he could beat someone with the size and skills of Silva is pretty ridiculous IMO.

19. To say Silvia has better skills than Lee is pretty ridiculous imo.

20. Who said that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.