Browning on leaf tips and edges. Advice?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by calioutdoor, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ok on one of my plants i just discovered Browning on the leaf tip and edges. Im growing outdoor in ground. I use general organics bio thrive plus calimagic. It gets about 100+ out here on summer days today was 104 .. Any advice why only oneof my plants is doing this? TIA![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H634 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I've grown aplenty out in this california weather. Never had any problems except this year. Thanks though

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like nutrient burn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heres a close up of the leaf. Its on some of the leaf tips and edges then the leaf turns a lighter green after the brown edges only on parts of the[​IMG] plant

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm have similar issues here in California!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's weird that both of our leaves kind of get all warped looking

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ph problems all day

8. What would you recommend for a ph meter for plants that are in the ground where i cant check the ph level?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Idk what it could be never had this problem before. Ive grown for a few years. This uear is the most I've had problems with my plant. Im thinking of switching my nutes. Im using general organics go box for the first time. Its either that or the strain.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well it's been hotter in cali this year than any other year. And oh probably plays in a factor. I just got a ph meter for my water from amazon (its yellow) . It was like 12 bucks and works great. You are using soil I'm assuming so if you ph the water your soil should follow suit.
    My water out of the tap is about 7ph, and I know ph in cali water is higher this year.
    So that may be it man, I just starred adding ph down to my water and it seems to be helping. It's easy I have just been throwing 1/4 an ounce in my 5 gallon buckets and it's been bringing it down to a perfect 6-6.2 ph

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea i stay here in the central valley so its always like 100-109 in summer months every year.. Horrible i know.. Yeah i have it in ffof mixed with my ground soul which is kind of sandy. I was using a carbon water filter off of amazon called garden pure. First time using it. Ive always used straight tap water. Last years crop was awesome. What is your ph meter called so i k ow what to look for.. And do you check your water nute mix with it before feeding/watering? Thanks for the feedback highly appreciate it..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well you can either dig up some soil and do a test or purchase a soil ph meter ........ not rocket science. Pretty easy just need to stay in range.

13. Just search ph meter on amazon you will see a yellow one for about 12-16 bucks. They are all the same if they are yellow that will do the trick. And always check your ph after adding nutes. When I start my water is usually about 6.9 after adding nutes it's down to 6.5 so nutes will change your ph for sure

• Like Like x 1
  14. Or for the same price( $12 ) you can get that cheap little yellow chinese meter and a cheap little Chinese ppm/tds meter on EBay together for the same price. They work but you should invest in a $30-$40 one of your gunna be doing this a lot . Those cheap ones throw off calibration all the time .

15. if you get the cheap yellow one make sure to buy calibration solution too and calibrate it every week or so, mine almost always needs to be adjusted when i check. i use the general hydroponics solution. i use happy frog soil mix and my runoff has always come out to exactly what i watered with, which makes me think that if you have a good quality soil you should be fine. also, those soil three in one PH meters that you stick into the ground are complete shit. i was gifted one and it would always be way off, so i went and bought one of my own and that one is now in the trash too. don't waste the money.

Anesthesia & Crystal Meth Autoflower Grow

• Like Like x 2
  16. They sell way better soil testers than cheap little probes at Home Depot. You get what you put in you know what I mean .