browning dying leaves on new young plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by killer43, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hey everyone i[​IMG]m new here and have a major worry with my girls. My plants are 3 weeks old, grown in soil, 1 gallon pots fertilized once with miracle grow at 2 weeks and again yesterday with advance nutrition's earth tea. My problem is my bottom fan leaves are turning brown and dying but the new branch development and top groth remains green and lush. Anyone have any ideas Im very worried. Here is a pic of my issue. thx all for any help.

2. did you use very little of the fertilizers?

3. I used half strength miracle grow at week 2 and a full dose of the AN earth tea day before yesterday. leaves were dying before the earth tea though hydro store suggested it might be a nute def but its not stopping . and it only seems to be on a few of the plants. they are mystery seeds from different bags not sure what strains they are.

4. someones bound to have some ideas here. Anyone please?

5. looks a bit like symptoms of over watering, but if it was a nutrient deficiency those leaves still won't improve only the new growth will.
    here's a nutrient deficiency chart for ya.

[​IMG]

6. thx so much for the chart. Im not going to be a very successful grower being color blind,lol. ill get my girl to compare the chart to my issues if they continue. Thx so much.

7. What kind of soil are you using, are you growing from seed or clone? What is the PH of the soil? What is the temperature of the room, and what is the humidity. Can we get a full pic of the plants as well.

Just some of the things i uually ask. But Miracle grow isnt good for cannabis. The advanced Nutrients is great if you can afford their whole line if not Fox Farm is good too and its what i use. Answer those questions up top, but f the problem stopped with just those lower fan leaves that you mentioned earlier then just continue doing what you are doing and dont use Miracle Grow. If you are in their soil i would advise transplanting out of it asap. But ill help you where i can with my limited experience. (Currently on my first grow as well)

8. I grow in soil mix of my own. its potting soil a brand common to my area mixed with some sand, perlite . I am growing from seeds I got in many different bags over time. looks to me like I have 4 or 5 mystery strains growing. I did a soil ph test of my run off and it was 6.2. my water here is about a 6ph I leave it in containers to evaporate any chemicals in the water. the temp of the room never gets higher than 85F and cools at night to around 70 . Im growing then first indoors to be put in greenhouse in a couple more weeks to remain outdoors through budding, Ill attach a couple pics of full plants Im worried about. [​IMG]

9. The other plants look ok from the pictures. Again if the problem stops ten dont worry if it continues then you have to switch something up. Also in the picture it looks like you have been letting you plants breath in small amounts of alcohol vapors lol. You trying to get them tipsy? Yo need another tube running from that into another bottle of water to just filter out the Co2, then another tube from the second bottle just for the Co2. I trashed the idea because it didnt do much. Just going in the room and working for a bit willl put more Co2 that that bottle can. Plus regular air has about 300-400 ppms of Co2 so just giving them fresh air will do more justice than that thing. I made a really good one and stopped using it after 2 days.

10. well I was trying to get them drunk yes that was the plan,lol. i thought it smelled like a bar in my grow room,lol. no point in using it eh? ok ill junk the plan. I re potted all my plants today and went up at least 2 gallons on most and 3 g 4 gallons on the bigger ones. I was root bound in many of my pots roots growing up sides of pots to find dirt. prob my prob right there. but we will see, thx for the comments guys and gals. killer43.

11. All my plants are in 3 gallon pots and they are doing fine. One i left outside is almost 6 feet tall. Im actually gonna chop that shit down because its too tall and just vegging. Cant have a tree in here. Also since you are repotting i would not add nutes depending on the soil makeup. In FFoF which i use if you transplant you shouldnt add nutes for 3 weeks but depending on your soil you might or might not.

12. thx for the help! They seem to be doing ok now that ive re potted them. Im going to loose 4 though the leaf loss was to great from whatever happened to them. My soil is fertilized I read on bag. It says it contains plant food( soil is mix of products only one contained fertilizer so it should be diluted alot.). It does not tell me in what amounts or of what fertilizer. I did water them into there new pots with root stim and a weak earth tea mix. But as I say 4 of my 17 will not make it. So sad to know my lack of knowledge killed 4 living entities that medicate and help me so much. I feel horrible,lol. thx again for your help

13. No problem. Also i learned if a plant is green on top, more than likely it will bounce back.

14. well so far Ive got 4 plants looking like palm trees. they have 2 sets of fans on top and then bare stalk to the soil,lol. funny looking things! But im holding out they will come through. Decided to grab up 6 clones to ensure my medicine come fall so Ill get those in 10 days and hope I can keep them alive,lol.. Not sure that the genetics of these bag seeds were very good. but yes there green on top so we can pray, thx again xxx.

15. glad to hear things are getting better and hopefully your palm trees will have big coconuts lol.

16. lol thx they are doing so much better. branching like crazy and filling up that space to the top. It seems I just had a ph nute lock out prob. ph is in check and plants are growing like crazy and ive lost only growth effected by ph probs. all new growth is green and perfect. Thx for encouragement.

17. just a update for you all who helped me out my plants are doing great. moved them outside and there growing a inch a day or so. here is a pic. thx for helping out the new guy. this site saved my plants. thx everyone! killer43.[​IMG]