Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brownies smell?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by amadeus85, Jan 26, 2009.

1. My friend and I wanted to make some brownies but she has housemates and, from what I've heard, brownies tend to stink up the joint... is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance,
    ama

2. Make Firecrackers, don't smell at all when you cook them.

3. Firecrackers?

4. Thanks, but they look like they taste awful (and the author said so too.) :D

5. from my experience, when making brownies, the actual smell of the delicious brownies seems to overpower any weed smell, and you can only tell they're weed brownies if you have them right under your nose. just make sure when you take them out to cool off, to put them in a place where no one will mistakenly eat one, or go up and smell them...

6. i had a bad case when making weed brownies. I made them not really the smell its just once you make brownies in a house full of pre schoolers you gotta be pretty whitty explaining why they cant have none.

7. Fortunately, neither of us have any little bastards running around killing our buzz. :smoke:

8. haha, thats true. but i know if someone is making brownies in my house and i wasnt into weed, i would prob want some brownies hahaha

9. burn popcorn. takes away any smell

10. If you water cure your buds before making your butter or oil then there is little or no cannabis smell in the finished cooked product.

11. I suggest making marijuana butter as well. The end product contains no physical parts of the marijuana plant, just the fun stufff ;). I use a stick of butter for every 7 grams i put into the brownie mix. Usually two sticks of butter in a brownie mix cut into 8 brownies will send most people into space for the next 4 or 5 hours. This is just mid grade bud though, I dont like to use headies that could be enjoyed more smoking.

12. That's what I do, only I usually water cure first to remove the chlorophyll. The resulting butter or oil (depending on what I'm cooking) has almost no green taste or color to it at all...just THC goodness.

13. #14 countzer0, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    Beyond or instead of the water cure, i also recommend using water during your butter making process. For one it allow you to pack way more THC into the same amount of butter and two, the water will take anything the water cure didn't get and thats not soluble in the fat. My butter usually looks just like butter, although i often have no control on the curing of my stash. The only downside to using the water is the 4-6hrs to separate them in the end. When doing this dont immediately throw it in the fridge as you will loose alot to smaller particles that dont make it to the top fast enough. I always let it sit at room temp till it cools till room them the fridge for an hour or two. You should be able to recover 95% this way as opposed to 60-80 percent by just slamming it in the fridge or freezer.

Also i find the major contributors to the taste are mostly any stems or seeds. If you clean and process your herb before hand it helps.

14. Making the butter is the smelly point, once you are cooking the brownies there should only be the smell of brownies.

15. Honestly, make firecrackers. They don't taste too bad if you make the with graham crackers and put it a little honey on them before you eat them, and they get you BAKED. I really recommend them, especially for your situation.