Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brownies aren't working?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by meridian6, Jan 7, 2013.

1. So I decided to make brownies for the first time tonight. I ground up a quarter of dank and mixed it and stirred it in with vegetable oil for about 2 hours. After that, i strained the oil and then put it in with all the things for the brownie mix and put it in a pan and put it in the oven.

About 20-30 minutes later, they were ready so i let them cool, cut them into 16 pieces, then ate one. About 2 hours later, they're not working.

I feel a tiny buzz but I really don't think it should have to take more than one. A quarter put into a brownie mix means that there should be approx. .45 grams in each piece if it's cut into 16 pieces.

I really don't see where I could have gone wrong. My friend thinks I didn't have the stove hot enough while mixing the bud with the oil, but I feel like it was just right.

So anyway, any ideas? :confused:

2. What temperature did you cook the brownies at? And what temperature did you cook the oil at?

Specifics are always helpful :3

3. I cooked the brownies at 350 degrees and I cooked the oil around 2 on a 1-10 numbered stove. I kept it on 2 because the recipe that i was reading said that cooking it higher than low on a stove could burn thc instead of mixing in with the oil.

4. Not nearly enough bud. You need at least an oz to make any thing decent. Don't wast good bud. Use trim and shake to make edibles.

5. Not true - he said he had about 0.45g worth, which is enough; 0.35g is about a standard dose (or about 0.1g when made with hash).

I think the issue here is you didn't decarboxylate the bud. There's already a great deal of information on it around the forums, but time/temps will vary depending on who you ask. Personally I do 200*F for ~23min, but the time will vary a bit depending on how fresh the bud is; the fresher it is, the longer it needs to decarboxylate (something like a +/- 5min, so times don't change too much)

6. #6 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']

Not true - he said he had about 0.45g worth, which is enough; 0.35g is about a standard dose (or about 0.1g when made with hash).

I think the issue here is you didn't decarboxylate the bud. There's already a great deal of information on it around the forums, but time/temps will vary depending on who you ask. Personally I do 200*F for ~23min, but the time will vary a bit depending on how fresh the bud is; the fresher it is, the longer it needs to decarboxylate (something like a +/- 5min, so times don't change too much)[/quote]

.35g per hit yeah right that won't do a damn thing. I live in a med state 2g min I usualy get around 5g per dose

7. A lot will depend on the quality of the products used. I find decarbing and the use of lecithin, are steps I use to leave out, but I found this process does help enhance the flavors and is especially important if you are using a no bake recipe. Check out the very detailed and informative _"incredible eatable herb" on this site. Your extraction method is questionable, may have been too low for 2 short of time. How much oil did you use?

8. Half oh, grind, 2 Brownie pack, mix, cook

Baked

9. If you need 2-5g in a single edible something is most definitely wrong. Either the edible itself, or your cannabinoid receptors aren't healthy. When made and used properly, edibles are very efficient.

10. use a double boiler. pyrex bowl floating in a pot of boiling water works well. Its the easiest way for beginners. especially if using good bud and don't want to waste it experimenting with decarb times and temps.

11. [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']

If you need 2-5g in a single edible something is most definitely wrong. Either the edible itself, or your cannabinoid receptors aren't healthy. When made and used properly, edibles are very efficient.[/quote]

Come out to Cali and try some of the big kid edibles. Some people can just handle there shit better than others.
    I pack of Brownie mix
    1 egg
    112 g of weed butter.
    The med patients need the strong stuff

12. First off, it's not a competition - you come off as pretentious.

The vast majority of users do not need such a large dosage, save some debilitating ailments... beyond that it's just recreational which is fine, but don't try to pass it off as your medicine at that point - you don't need an excuse to get high. I think we all know how abused the medical system is there in Cali (as well as other medical states, such as mine).

My point still stands: if you need 2-5g in an edible, something is either wrong with the edible, or your cannabinoid receptors aren't as healthy as they could and should be.

13. [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']

First off, it's not a competition - you come off as pretentious.

The vast majority of users do not need such a large dosage, save some debilitating ailments... beyond that it's just recreational which is fine, but don't try to pass it off as your medicine at that point - you don't need an excuse to get high. I think we all know how abused the medical system is there in Cali (as well as other medical states, such as mine).

My point still stands: if you need 2-5g in an edible, something is either wrong with the edible, or your cannabinoid receptors aren't as healthy as they could and should be.[/quote]

I like this guy^

14. Bro, I'm in Cali. And straight up, you needing more weed to get to the same level as everyone else is nothing to brag about.

You're 26 years old bragging on the internet about how high your weed tolerance is. Grow the fuck up

15. [quote name='"420neverforget"']

Bro, I'm in Cali. And straight up, you needing more weed to get to the same level as everyone else is nothing to brag about.

You're 26 years old bragging on the internet about how high your weed tolerance is. Grow the fuck up[/quote]

I am not bragging. Explain to him why you he does not feel high from .35 of a brownie. And I can tell you are not a Cali med patient because at the clubs they are at least 3.5 per edible.
    So your telling me if you had pounds of trim
    And shake at your disposal you would still try to make weak ass edibles. I don't think so. I have lbs of trim so I am going to make dank as shit.

16. I'm a Cali. baker, have been for years. 35 yrs. Studied, experimented,lots of trial and error, still learning all I can about extractions. But I don't need any of all that work and study to know you can't fit that much butter in a single box of brownies. Am I wrong? You can't get a rise out of me any more than your brownies. I'm sorry fellow Cali. perhaps you're using very low quality product and it takes that much to for a 1/2-2/3 cup of butter.

17. The clubs are strict about selling extractions as it is still such a gray area. I have tried some from different clubs and was disappointed 20.00 for what looked like a moon pie taste like chocolate lemon cheesecake with a dull but lingering taste of Mexican dirtweed. No affect other than that taste. The real medicine is made in little underground collectives and cooperatives that cater to really sick people. The people that the Dr's give up on and send home to die, with their families trying desperately to find anything that will help relieve their loved ones pain when the meds prescribed by their Dr's fail,and they most always do fail. Even in these circumstances the patients don't require or want to be totally out of it till the end. So It's good guys like you, the recreation users that pay for the meds for the terminally ill who can't afford it. That's how I work anyway. I try to follow Prop 215 CA Compassionate use act of 1996. Check it out

18. A lot will depend on the quality of the products used.[​IMG]

19. [quote name='"mandylu"']I'm a Cali. baker, have been for years. 35 yrs. Studied, experimented,lots of trial and error, still learning all I can about extractions. But I don't need any of all that work and study to know you can't fit that much butter in a single box of brownies. Am I wrong? You can't get a rise out of me any more than your brownies. I'm sorry fellow Cali. perhaps you're using very low quality product and it takes that much to for a 1/2-2/3 cup of butter.[/quote]

Lol. Low quality. Bomb orgamics i have been growing for 6 years now i got this shit down 18 plants in 100 gal smart pots. Yeah I know what I am doing. Check out my outdoor grow. Nothing low quality there. And 112g of butter. That is just a stick of butter. That is what most directions ask for.

20. [quote name='"mandylu"']The clubs are strict about selling extractions as it is still such a gray area. I have tried some from different clubs and was disappointed 20.00 for what looked like a moon pie taste like chocolate lemon cheesecake with a dull but lingering taste of Mexican dirtweed. No affect other than that taste. The real medicine is made in little underground collectives and cooperatives that cater to really sick people. The people that the Dr's give up on and send home to die, with their families trying desperately to find anything that will help relieve their loved ones pain when the meds prescribed by their Dr's fail,and they most always do fail. Even in these circumstances the patients don't require or want to be totally out of it till the end. So It's good guys like you, the recreation users that pay for the meds for the terminally ill who can't afford it. That's how I work anyway. I try to follow Prop 215 CA Compassionate use act of 1996. Check it out[/quote]

That is why I make them so strong. I gave them to the sick people.i was giving them
    To my aunt 2 years ago before she passed to cancer and now my grandmother loves my cookie after finishing her second fight of breast cancer.