Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brownie

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Incognito, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I'm somewhat new to smoking. I smoke like 2-3 times a month. So my friend is selling a brownie for $10. Would it be a bad idea having one since I only smoke on occasion? I obviously would not eat the whole thing at once. 

2. Ask him how much bud is in it and how he made them before you buy them. Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

3. #3 Storm Crow, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    Edibles are tricky. What and when you ate last will affect the absorption of the THC!

Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism        (news- 2009) 
    http://www.cannabis-med.org/english/bulletin/ww_en_db_cannabis_artikel.php?id=291#2

Also the time before the edible "comes on" can vary greatly- anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours!  About an hour seems to be the usual. You do NOT want to eat more after an hour- all too many of us have made that mistake! About 15 minutes after you decide "it's not working" and have another piece of brownie, is when the first bite cuts in! lol  :eek:  And then you just hold on for the ride! :hippie:   (been there, done that! lol)

Also, since you did not make the brownies, it is "pot luck" as to how strong it is! And more than one person has sold "less than good quality" pot (spider mites, powdery mildew, etc) by using it in edibles! How well do you trust your friend? :confused_2:

I would just stick to toking, until you make your own brownies! :smoke:

Granny

4. I trust him because he's also my dealer and he always has loud. I talked to him about a month ago and he said the last batch he made was with around an oz. Other people I know have bought from him before and said they were pretty good. Also should I eat them on an empty or full stomach, and how much should I eat? A half, 1/4?

5. Eat a normal meal, wait 45 minutes to an hour, then eat your edible for the strongest effect. This way your stomach attacks the meal, grabbing stuff and sending it to the liver until your are feeling satisfied. The liver breaks down food and sends it into the blood- this also would break down the THC into less stony compounds. You'd still get high from THC eaten with a meal, but not as high.  After it has done its trip, the stomach takes a break.

THAT is when you want to eat your edible! Your edible slips through the stomach almost untouched... until it hits your intestines. In the intestines, the THC is NOT sent to the liver to be broken down, it goes directly into your circulatory system and then to your brain! This way the high takes longer to "come on" but is stronger.

Since you are a light-weight, I would start with 1/4 of the brownie. Getting overly high on pot won't kill you, but it can be unpleasant! (If you do get "too high",  eat a snack, and get a sit-com or nature program on the TV to distract you.)

Granny

Granny

6. Sometimes when you eat it on a full stomach you don't get high eat it on a empty stomach