Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brownie question?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Just Smoke It, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Me and my friends want to make some brownies but I don't want to make cannabutter, I've been reading that you can put the weed in a frying pan and almost cover it all the way with vegetable oil and let it simmer for 2hours+, is that really necessary because I've had a friend make them by just mixing the weed into the brownie mix while mixing it all and just cooking it.

2. Youve got a lot to learn about this subject. Yes it is necessary to cook and process your bud in the oil before eating it. It will not work just by putting it in brownie mix :rolleyes:

Check out badkats cannapharm which is at the top of this thread stickied. There is a ton of info in there to get you on your way. If you check out her blog it is the table of contents for all her many recipes and tutorials!

3. ^ I second what Jkcole said. Badkats thread is very informative, and will give you some of the best information you can get.
    In my experience in making brownies, I've used the method you've suggested, to an extent. I usually use about a half ounce of mids per batch of brownies. I decarb in the oven as suggested in Badkats, and then cook in oil on the stove on low/medium heat for 45 minutes or so, until the bud has turned a brownish color.
    Strain, and then follow the normal instructions on the box, baking somewhere around 315 degrees, (can't remember exactly what I cook them at).
    One of them does the trick extremely well.
    (this is just a quick guide, I still HIGHLY suggest checking out the guides on this site, and not basing it 100% on what I wrote).

4. I see that jkcole said I can't get high from just mixing it in, but I swear I've gotten high off them like that. Are you sure I dont just lose a lot of potency?

5. Do what your username says ;)

6. [quote name='"Nutbust"']

Do what your username says ;)[/quote]

Ha ha I would but it happens to have been trimmings.

7. [quote name='"Just Smoke It"']I see that jkcole said I can't get high from just mixing it in, but I swear I've gotten high off them like that. Are you sure I dont just lose a lot of potency?[/quote]

Yes you can get high just from eating it. I wont bore you with all the science behind it and what not lol. but i will assure you that if you put your trim right in the mix, it will take about 3-4 times more plant matter to get you high. You will also be eating the trimmings (and also reiterating that this will be alot of trim...GROSS!) Rather than straining it when processed correctly. It will also taste like straight plant which is gross if you ask me ha