Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Brownie dosage question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cjhurt92, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Hey guys,:wave:

I have been smoking MMJ every night before bed for about 8 months. Today I was givin a brownie and a lolipop because I'm a first time customer. I have never used edibles and i dont want to eat to much and end up having a bad experiance how much of the brownie should I eat?. It has 2.8 grams in it.
    I am 5'11 170 pounds.

Carlos,

2. Eat a quarter of it

3. #3 Game301, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    I would start with about a gram dose and if the desired effects are not felt you can always take more, but you should prepare your body to absorb the active chemicals in the brownie. Here's a guide to eating edibles properly by Storm Crow aka Granny:

"If you're not making them yourself, the best thing you can do to is to prepare your system by having a small, but relatively 'fatty' meal roughly an hour and a half or so before eating your edible. If you can drink alcohol, a half-shot (either diluted or not) shortly after eating your edible, can also help improve cellular permeability/absorption. And try not to eat anything else, for at least an hour or so after having your edible. If a light but oily meal beforehand isn't possible, it's a good idea to have a few bites of ice cream, or a very small fatty snack right after your edible. If your snack is oily, and contains lecithin and omega-3s, all the better. Many ice creams and chocolates do (contain lecithin). Every once in a while I buy a bottle of 'digestive enzymes', but don't keep up with them.... they may or may not help you, but it's worth looking into.

I've also found, and this helps many patients either undergoing chemo or lacking appetite for any reason, that on certain days if I can't stomach anything but a canna capsule or two, even after a while (or once they've at least begun giving me the munchies, even if it's over a few hours later) it's often still early enough in terms of digestion/time that taking a fatty snack as soon as I can stomach it, can help force some of those remaining cannabinoids into the blood stream at the last moment, to give a more delayed effect that is almost as intense as it could have been, if I'd been able to prime my body beforehand."

Hope that helps you.