Brown/yellow spots on some leaves. Spreading

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mrpine, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Hello, sorry if this is answered somewhere already, I couldn't find anything that seemed right and I'm starting to get worried and thought I'd post this right away since I need to go away for about 24-30 hours soon.

Anyway, I've got a few plants who've been feeling fine until now. One of them, my biggest Pineapple Chunk has gotten some weird spots I've never seen before. It's only 3 weeks old although it got abit stunted in the beginning because.. well, a friend was going to come by with the soil but he got sick.. can't blame him for that but I germinated while waiting since I hadn't been growing for a few months and felt I was in a hurry.. his sickness led to me having to plant them for a little while in really small pots and the replant them into the bigger ones. ANYWAY;

This wednesday I watered using about 0.6 dec of water (tap water that I let stand at least 24 hours before using) I watered a couple of hours before night time and then I went to bed myself. When I got home from work I noticed this:

[​IMG]
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I thought at first I had spilled some nutes on the leaves but realised I always make it so sundays are feeding day and then mostly 1 watering day in the middle of the week, so.. just plain water. I waited and now I just got home from work and it's gotten worse:

[​IMG]

It's only this leaf set and the one on the opposite side, same node so to speak. There's nothing under or over and no other plants seem to look this way. They're all in the same soil I've been using for years and they're all under the same conditions so I have no clue. Saw something about some kind of fungus that would kill the plant fast that looked abit like this... could this be some kind of damn fungus? That would just be great, on the most beautiful of the plants.

Yeah, help would be appreciated. I'm going to keep looking for answers as long as I can.

2. No one with any ideas? It's getting worse quick. I just got home and it's starting to look bad.

The plant looks good other than this but I'm fearing this will spread. I also noticed some real small similar yellow dots on another plant. What in my ass? Never seen this before.

[​IMG]

3. Hi. U say the plant wuz feeding well...

What were u feeding it and how much, for a 3 week old plant :confused:.

That plant is screaming of nute burn. You can literally see the
    leaf margins disintegrating. The excess nutes have also pooled
    in certain spots on the leaves. That is the reason for the spots
    now appearing. It will get worse - and quickly, as u know.

Flush real well for a day or 2 and then start from scratch.

Easy does it...Good luck.

Freak
    :smoke:

4. Hey, I have a hard time thinking this are because of the nutes since only this leaf set looks like this, (none over or under, they all look healthy except for this leaf set which has even started to droop) and the one on the opposite side has 2 small spots. There are nothing on the other leaves and since it came suddenly 4 days after feeding that seems weird.

At 2 weeks old I gave them 0.5ml/litre water of Bio-grow and watered with about 0.6 dec and 1ml/litre water at three weeks old and watered with a full dec. All of the plants have gotten the same feed, they're all smaller and weaker and none of them looks this way. :eek:

I was thinking of cutting off the leaves since I was thinking disease or fungus but I'll try flushing and waiting for awhile since it's getting worse fast. Thanks for your input!

5. i agree with Freakbro it def looks like nut burn u said ur not sure if thats the case but if its starting to spread fast i think he's right flush and u should notice a difference by the burns not spreading but if its bad enough damage done to leaves is damage done.

6. Flushed quite alot yesterday but it's still getting worse. It's now spread to the leafset above as well. The plant still looks healthy weirdly enough. I posted this same thing over at thctalk and the people there say the opposite, that it's definitely not nute burn :p and I'm inclined to agree since the flushing didn't stop it and.. I've never seen nute burn looking like this. It did however seem to slow the spreading abit.