Brown tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MommaBear, Dec 8, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Can anyone spot what's wrong? They were totally fine last night and I wake up to find brown tips and neon green spots. The big one is about 4 weeks and the smaller two about 2.5. The runt had always had brown tips but the bigger two are just now showing signs. Temps have been fluctuating between 72 and 82 and humidity anywhere from 35-65%. BUT got as high as 86 so I got an air conditioning unit connected to one of the vents at the bottom of my tent to help keep it cool. It did get as low as 63 as I was messing with the timer schedule during the dark times. I have been giving fox farm nutrients in the beginning full strength (had no idea not too) every other watering. Also I had some germinating issues so to keep things simple have the bigger plant on the smaller ones nutrient schedule (so getting grow big two weeks later than suggested). If you aren't supposed to give nutes until later that can't be the issue right? I have two Marshydro 300's about 18 inches away. Could it be the high temp fluctuation, nutrient amounts or schedule, light burn? All three?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. not nute burn that looks like chlorosis possibly from bad water or from that soil filled with wood acidifying the medium.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well not sure exactly on the ph I have a meter coming tomorrow but for now it's in the lime green area . I have super hard water and so have a whole house softener system. It causes me to have to add a lot of acid to compensate. It's organic soil (from Home Depot) I have perlite and smart pots coming that I will use when I transplant. Hoping that will help?

• Like Like x 1
  4. It almost looks like heat stress, light burn maybe

5. That's your problem right there, the water you need a Water distiller

Btw does your softener use salt?