Brown spots?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Summergirl1185, Aug 15, 2019.

1. You really shouldn’t be using neem when your plant is flowering.

If it’s fungus neem doesn’t reverse the damage that is already done. It just stops it from spreading.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thank you! Everyday I open the tent and am more sick to my stomach! Looks like the plant is dying! I watered her tonight. If I buy cal mag tomorrow do I need to wait until next watering? 20190817_230122.jpg 20190817_230213.jpg

3. I dont think its fungus because leaves become dry and crispy and spots are only on top of leaves not under surface

4. If it’s not fungal, then Magnesium deficiency. Epsom salts can clear that up. You can feed to the foliage if you have nutrient lock out.

Also-
    Calcium helps in the uptake of nutrients.

How is you soil draining? Taking a long time to dry between feedings?

I don’t use cal mag but I assume it is a calcium magnesium supplement that you can buy in stores. That should work for you.

Lemme know if you want any tips that are more diy fertilizer.

5. Am I correct on my fungus post? That's what I've been told in the past. Soil is dry in 2 or 3 days in 5 gal. You think it's a mag deficiency even though started on very top leaves? I thought mag def started at bottom leaves? Hmm

6. Magnesium deficiency starts on the middle of leaves and works it’s way out along the stem and veins turning the leaf yellow and in some cases brown, tips of the leaves curl up too.

The leaves up top are new growth, bottom leaves turn yellow naturally as a plant gets older or fights blights and stresses.

7. Let me rephrase what I said, I think it’s fungal. If it isn’t fungal the next closest thing would be magnesium imo.

Adding the proper fertilizer won’t hurt your plants, it will help them defend themselves from disease and mold. It can’t hurt to add a little cal mag supplement.

8. So, cal mag or epsom salt?

9. Anyone know what this is much appreciate opinions

Attached Files:

10. Overwatering.

11. Thank you Jon, how many times would you suggest to water?

12. My recommendation would be to use one tablespoon of epsom salt to a gallon of distilled water and water your plant at the soil level avoiding the leaves.

After that take distilled water and mix with milk (I’m not sure about the ratio) to make a diluted solution to spray on your foliage.

Now the fun part watch the soil and make sure it dries in between waterings.

13. When it’s dry. Stick your finger in it! You’ll know ;)

14. Thanks Jon for the info think I’ve got experience in that

15. Thank you for the information Jon, being on the coco range thought it was the nutritions or air, but I’ll try that and will keep you updated

• Like Like x 1
  16. Could also be heat n humidity issues theres a few things that could cause that just do a little research n start eliminating them . I had that issue before but mine was caused by nutrient lock out so I flushed them n then the newer growth was fine.

17. That is a good plant. It is not going to get greener and younger looking no matter what you do. The root problem is always the roots. High humidity can inhibit calcium uptake, clogged roots, slow drainage, and many other things tilt the uptake of nutrients unfavorably. It is quite normal in nature for leaves to change color in the fall. So, yes you have a calmag issue, but that is against a backdrop of natural yellowing. I would give it full strength calmag as soon as you get it. The best you can hope for is a postponement of the day when they will simply no longer uptake any calcium. Maybe two weeks is what the bottle will buy you. But next time you now know under your current setup, you had some cal/mag issues, and you can think about what may be causing it. You won't be so stressed when you are smoking it and thinking about it.

18. Wait so you think the plant will only.survive 2 more weeks? It is only 4 weeks into flower

19. 2 more weeks and then the calmag will not help much, it will also not need the same calcium they say, and some epsom can get you through until harvest.

20. Could be cal mag issue or could be a phosphorus deficiency since your in flower. Both have the same look. Your supplementing with coconut water which has calcium, magnesium and phosphorus in it , so try bumping up your coconut water dosage.