Brown spots please help.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bigdaddy, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Hello this is my first grow. So I am needing a little help. I've read a lot of material already but I'm still at a loss. My plants are six weeks old I'm about to switch to the flowering stage so I re potted them 11/15 so they could have a week to bounce back from any stress before I changed the lighting. This morning 11/18 I noticed these spots and holes on them. I've checked the ph it's 6.5-6.3 and I changed to fox farm soil. The light I'm using is a T5 grow light.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Back the light up a little looks like flouro burn. Also are you foilar feeding with the lights on?

3. How high should I raise the light from the plants? I read 4-6" should be good. What's foilar feeding? Lol

4. Do you spray your plants?

5. Yes but just with water. I only put neuts in soil with water can. I have a spray bottle with only water that I spray the leaves with. And that's really only when Im trying to train them.

6. i think they look good..

you don't really need to spray them with water.

just keep an eye on them and make sure that brown doesn't spread.. but your plants look nice and healthy otherwise.

like cloudserfer said..  it kind of looks like it's a little burn from the light. make sure you have some sort of little fan blowing between the light and top of plant, that'll help with the direct heat.

but yeah... plants look nice dude.
    \t 

7. These posts above are ridiculous and August should know better,
    having your plants  transplanted to a well known "HOT" mix as FFOF is just asking for trouble, always, always, I advise noobs and old alike, to dilute these soils one gets these days with a 30-50% mix of sand or perlite, they are way too strong for most canna strains, which is a plant as everyone knows can grow anyplace on minimal nutrition, unless you mix or dilute that mix you can expect nute burn .....bigtime!
    Your T5 unless it's a 4 foot long build you will not have enough light for a complete grow, many in the US, have been conned by the effectiveness of the 2' foot version ...look for more in the lighting forum

http://forum.grasscity.com/lighting/

8. #8 AugustWest, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013

i've started multiple strains from seed in FFOF with nothing added for about 10 years and have never had a seedling burn on me. Not even one time..

look at the 5th pic from the left.. where's the nute burn? Looks like a healthy plant to me. I wouldn't feed it by the looks of it, but it's not burned from nutrients or hot soil.

9. #9 rain dancer, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    If you don't have a fan add one.

No way in hell that's nutEburn.

Looks like light burn from foliar feeding (spraying them) which is not really a good idea unless you're correcting something.

Your plant may have touched your light or the heat might have concentrated on one area due to spraying the tops (plants drink from the underside of the leaves).

Keep the air moving

10. #11 AugustWest, Nov 19, 2013

no one claims that it's the best.. it is a very good choice for a bagged soil though.

but it doesn't burn plants on it's own.. i can tell you that from growing 1000+ plants from seed in it over the years.

that 1st link.. could be PH issues, did the Op ever mention what the water source was or the PH of whatever he added to those plants?
    the other link about the bugs in the soil.. the Op of this thread doesn't have bugs in his soil. I've purchased stuff from nurseries who stored their stuff outdoors that had bugs in it and it wasn't FFOF.. i have gotten FFOF with gnats in it, but i think that would be the fault of the shop and how they store their stuff.

as far as this thread and these specific plants.. these plants in this thread look nothing like what's in those links that you posted.

11. There isn't any bugs as far as I can tell. I searched thoroughly through the leaves and soil. The shop is surprisingly clean also. And technically I diluted the new soil as well. I had the plants in a 1 gal pot and re potted in a 3 gal so I still had a gal per plant of the old soil.

12. Thanks for the input everybody. I raised my light and also changed the location. I just built a house for them I'm pretty excited. I'll post pics tomorrow.

yeah.. just like anything else that contains organic materials.. if the shop stores it outside then gnats or other critters may find their way in.

good luck w/ the grow man.

14. #15 AugustWest, Nov 19, 2013

not to beat a dead horse..

but this grow http://forum.grasscity.com/gallery/album/5264-chemdog-d-chemdog-4-sour-diesel/

was FFOF from direct seed to harvest.. nothing added to the soil to make it less "hot"

is it the best thing to grow weed in? No.. but it works fine.