brown spots on old growth leaves, NEED help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ewilli06, Sep 19, 2010.

1. the plant is about 1 month old and is showing brown spots on some of the older growth fan leaves. Im using fox farm nutes with cal mag. the ph is steady around 6. So far i think its either calcium deficiency or over fert but the new growth looks good so i dont think its over ferting. Someone help!

Attached Files:

2. Any one have any idea at all ? Im lost and i dont want to see that plant go.

3. You're right, it's a calcium def. Find some cal-mag?

4. in a 5 ga bucket how much should i use cuz the bottle says 2 tbs per gallon but that seems high what do u think. ??

5. If it's epsom, i think you really shouldn't go with more than 1 *teaspoon*, per gallon of water if you aren't faint of heart, and i would only add 1/2 a teaspoon per gallon of water myslef. It can lock other nutrients out, but i see than you really do need that Ca. If it's a nute company's bottle i'd follow the directions as they are written and if you have been, i'd double it; if it's the cal-mag from General Organics, i'd really double it and then spill some in, i understand it's not all that strong. I grow in dirt, btw, not what you have as a set up... i would just push egg shells and other ca sources into my dirt and let nautre take care of it, so follow what ever the bottle says to do, might repost for a good addition rate in the *grow type* section that you use, you know; dirt vs dwc vs clay pebbles vs coir vs cocoa vs hydro.

But you were right, it's a Ca def :D

6. clipped the damaged and added the cal-mag ill update in a few days to see if the problem is solved.