Brown Spots on Leaves!! HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by E's Baked Goods, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Hey everybody. This is my first grow. I am using miracle grow organic potting soil, the UFO Grow light, and fox farm nutrients.I am 27 days in and some of the leaves are showing brown spots. I am not 100% but it seems like the brown spots are spreading. Any help on whats going on would be much appreciated.

-Just Blaze-:smoking:

Attached Files:

2. I would Repot them, .. *( miracle grow organic ) is not good 4 growing.

Then, Flush them *( After new soil is in ) 1* there medium size.

Use Distilled / R/O for that, and try and use that for all watering s.

Nute Burn, it appears ta be.

If you do that, .. I will help you, .. But not while they are growing in miracle grow. Its Too much for them, and it is showing.

Also could be needing Cal Mag / Max, .. as well

Do the Soil Switch, .. and you have some help dude .. .. :)

3. ^ On the money. Miracle grow burns the crap out of your plants. Add more perlite to whatever you transplant them into. MJ love drainage.

4. Agreed. Miracle Grow = crap.

From what I'd been taught, it's just for potting plants, not for plants that you want to smoke or eat.

It's just too powerful and filled with things that can hurt MJ grows. Get your plants out of that and get them into another medium. You'll see your plants rebound quickly if you can do this as soon as possible.

:smoking:

5. Thanks alot guys. that helps. transplanting the entire plant into different soil sounds pretty complex. what would be the correct procedure for doing that without destroying the roots.

6. You gonna need a big bucket, spare plant pot and a lot of water.
    Just take your plants out of their pot's, take the plant with the soil to a bathtub tap, place the bucket under the tap and then rinse of all or as much soil into the bucket as possible untill all you have is the root mass then place into new medium. (the roots will know what to do).
    OR
    You can transplant to a bigger pot and keep your miracle grow soil intact but then your gonna have to do a shitload of flushing to get rid of the MG nutes.

I'd say go with the first option. your plants will be stressed for a day or 2 but within a week you should see impovement.

Good luck

7. thanks a lot people. much appreciated.