Brown seedling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cnhaz, Feb 16, 2008.

1. My seedlings are about 1.75" tall and about 4 feet below a 400 watt hps, the leaves are turning brown, should i take them out of the light?

2. I don't think it's the amount of light so much as probably the heat. What temperature is your closet with the lights on?

3. Yup, we need a lot more info.

4. so they are about a meter under the light, humidity about 45-50, temp about 78.. I have 8 seedlings in rockwool, 5 looks like they are comming along, they arnt growing much but they look healthy..1 has babyleaves, and its first mj looking leaves, but it isnt opening up much its just staying closed.. the other 2 are looking like they arnt gonna make it much, i guess this would be like nutriant lock out, but the stems are big at the bottem, and tiny right after that.. they dont look good.. anyway they have been in light for about 35 hours and havent grown much, im gonna give them lights out time soon.. should they be growing a lot yet, will it start soon or does it seem like i have any problems?

also i am spraying them with 5.5ph water only

5. The first few weeks, seedlings spend most of their energy making roots to support the plant during growth. I wouldn't worry too much about some (perceived) retarded vegetative growth. Put your plants on a regular light/dark schedule and try not to love 'em to death while they establish themselves.