Brown Rice Flour and Vermiculite

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by colome336, Jan 26, 2014.

1. So all I have on hand right now is brown rice flour and vermiculite. I was curious as to whether or not anyone has used either of these or a combination of them to grow seedlings with. If so what kind of ratio did you use? Much appreciated! 

2. Dude.. For real? Don't try and play with fire child this isn't a place for that

3. So i'm guessing you haven't tried it before and thus do not know whether or not it would work. Noted. 

4. if you just want to experiment with what you have at home... how about used coffee grounds? they apparently are good for tomatoes and read about a guy that sprouted tomatoes in straight used coffee grounds with almost as good success as soil but not quite. i have been adding it to my soil but i think it was too much nitrogen for my clones as the leaf tips are brown, but they are still alive. i don't think that any of the "ingredients" in this thread allows for good drainage though and you may be fighting many issues at once.

5. Works for shrooms most likely wont work for pot Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. I forgot to add that I'm just going to be using this medium until the seedlings can be transplanted outdoors. Which reminds me to ask, about how long would it be wise for me to wait until I transplant them outside? 

7. u can use pure vermiculite never heard of brown rice flour would wait until summer for outside

8. ^This, the seedling will sprout just with water, it has just enough nutrients in the seed to get started.  I don't think the flour would help much at all.