Brown (resin?) stains?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Yona Lansing, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Hi all! I am a relatively inexperiened and occasional user here, so pardon if my question is obvious/unintelligent. I recently purchased a clear/whitish/translucent pipe with light green twirls in it and really liked the design. However, after I only used it TWICE, a layer of brown stains appeared inside the pipe (I saw it because the pipe is a very lightly colored translucent one, as mentioned before). I thought it was resin but surprised it could be there so quickly after being used twice, and I tried to use rubbing alcohol and soaking in boiling water to get rid of it, with no avail at all. Do you know what could the brown stains be? if it is indeed resin/tar, could it develop so quickly after two times of use and why it resisted both boiling water and rubbing alcohol?

Thanks y'all!

2. Resin can build up that fast, i know from experience, but all pipes ive ever cleaned came clean from hot water or alchohal of sorts try hot water and some salt in a bag and mix and swish like crazy, the salt may scrape it off

3. rubbing alcohol and salt swish in a bag as stated above

4. Honestly, I don't wash my pipes until they are clogged with resin. But yes it can build up that fast, don't worry about it, it's not going to effect your high, it's not going to effect the taste of your herb. Etc. Etc.

Load that shit, light that shit, smoke that shit!

5. Yes like the people said before resin can build up fast and I use purple power ( automotive section in walmart - biggest bottle around $11 ) and hot water to clean my pipes and they come out brand new. Only takes about 10 mins to do it !

6. i liek keeping my pieces clean except for my oil rig..which i let get dirty and use the claim to bake with

resin will definetly effect the taste of ur herb as when pulling through a dirty piece u can taste the resin..

hit a dirty piece then clean it n hit it again
    u will taste a difference..might not b much but it will
    and if ur all about flavour it will make a difference

when i used hand pipes i use to clean it out every fri night after work

edit*
    if u wanna clean it use some 99% iso and salt in a bag and shake her around