Brown Paper Bag Method

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by caljian, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Hey all,
    I have been reading up on the BP bag method lately and it seems pretty interesting. I have a small Sour Diesel plant that will be ready to pull in a couple weeks and was seriously thinking of trying it with this one......just for kicks. For those of you who do it or know how to do it, what I'm understanding is......

1) Buds are trimmed directly off the wet plant when pulled
    2) They are placed at the bottom of a brown paper grocery bag.......not exceeding one layer........to allow for air, with the bag then tightly sealed afterwards
    3) The bag is opened every 2 or 3 days for about 5 minutes to allow any moisture to escape
    4) After a 7 to 10 day period, the buds are then transferred into mason jars, where they are burped a couple times per week for a month or so

Seems really simple, but I'm sure there are a number of things I'm missing here. Anyone have any knowledge of this or any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. I'd like to hear thoughts on this...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cool. Am I close on the method?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. When I run out of room in my drying space i use paper bags. I do it differently though. I would have to have a ton of bags if i only put 1 layer in each. Just not possible. I cut a bag into long strips and mix it in with the buds. I move the buds around every day or 2. I fill the bags about 1/4 to a 1/3 full

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks for your response! So I'm assuming the paper adheres to the buds and stops the moisture? How long do you leave the bag open when moving the buds around?

6. The buds do not adhere to the paper fortunetly, that would suck. The paper helps draw out moisture.

I open the sack, toss them around and close the sack back up. Theres no need to leave the sack open. Paper breathes, it's not like a sealed glass jar that needs burped during curing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry that's what I meant to say about the paper. Makes sense. Thanks so much!!

8. I didn't grow last year, but have done it up through 2021. However, I plan on hanging them this year for the first time in a decade lol!

9. #10 MarcusSawyer, May 16, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
    Hey there! The brown paper bag method you described for drying your Sour Diesel plant sounds intriguing! It's always fun to try new techniques and see how they affect the final product. Your understanding of the process seems pretty solid, but there might be some additional tips and tricks that experienced growers could share.

If you're looking for more information or recommendations, you might want to check out interplas.com. They offer a wide range of packaging solutions, including brown paper bags, and their website could provide you with some valuable insights or even specific product recommendations for this method.

• Like Like x 2