Brown leaves - do I trim them off?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Calamity B, May 13, 2010.

1. I just started my first round of hydro plants. Never done this before. I had my ph wrong at first because I was using the stupid strips and they aren't very accurate. It seemed to be locking out my nutes and turning the leaves yellow. I was given some bad advice to put nutes in the water that I mist the leaves with. I did this, trusting that my info was correct, and it turned all the sun leaves brown and shriveled. I dropped by the hydro store, bought some tea, some ph balancers and the proper meter to get an accurate reading. I cleaned the tank, balanced the ph to 5.8 and added only the tea instead of the Advanced nutes. The plants seem to be perking up slightly, but my question is, do I trim back the brown leaves or leave them on the plant? They are only about 3 weeks old (about 6-8 in. tall). I am unsure if they are wasting the plant's energy. I don't want them to focus on the damaged leaves. If they are left on the plant, will it take away from new healthy growth? Is there anything else I can do to revive them? 4 of them are black domina and the other 5 are a purple strain. Please help!

[​IMG]

(I am attaching a photo... hope it works)

2. Personally I never leave anything that's dead or dying. As long as the plant has a green leaf or two to work with, they will recover eventually, it can take time sometimes :mad: Patience is rewarded, but my vote is to cut off the bullshit. Good luck!