Brown leaf tips help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pipers, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Hi,

I'm afraid i might have over fert. Look at the leaf tips in the picture and please tell me if its fert burn? Thank You very much!

tips.jpg

2. sure looks like nute burn, did the tips ever bend down before they got crispy. i'm no pro but i do know that burnt tips and drooping down tips mean overfeed. someone hear with more experiance should pop up soon.

3. I didnt see anything abnormal with the leaves before the tips started to dry. Tonight is watering time for the plants. I'm thinking of just using alot of plain tap water that has been sitting for 24 hours. No nutes.
    Can anyone confirm that the picture indicates nute burn please?

Thanks!

4. i always thought, that usually nute burn caused the leaf tips to turn downwards though, not up.

some of the edges of the leaves slightly indicate to me, heat stress as well. which is often times coupled with overwatering problems

5. This looks to me as heat stress as well, i am no expert and have problems of my own but this looks similar to the problem i had when i switched from florecent light to a 600 watt HPS system. Check out this site http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/plant_abuse_guide.php and take a look at the top picture, it looks very similar to what your problem was and was the problem i had as well.

6. yeh classic signs of nute/fert burn mate

the rustic red tips of your leaves is the sign of nute/fert burn. now you need to flush asap then re-apply nutes at 1/4 strength & next feed the same ,now you wont get rid of the burns but can slow it down so by the time its ready to harvest the leaves wont be burnt right into your buds which can lead to mould:eek:

hope this helps:smoking:

7. Thanks for all the help everyone!

2 days ago I flushed and also distanced the lights from the plants. So if it was nute burn or heat stress, I hope what I did will help. One thing for sure, I noticed the problem was worse where the lights were closest to the plants like the tops, and some branches the lights were only 2 inches from the buds. The 2700k lights seem to burn leaves alot easier than the 6500. My temps could also be a factor. At nights it goes down to average 64F and the days goes up to average 82F. Ive read that during flower phase, its good to have a difference in temps to encourage flowering, but maybe im over doing it a little.