Brown brittle leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by srjohnsonjr, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Got an outdoor girl going a few weeks into flower. Started showing some weird discoloration of the leaves in the middle of the plant. Just fed a tea around a week ago when symptoms appeared still worsening. It's now slowly creeping up to the top of the plant. Any ideas
    15g organic grow.

Attached Files:

2. Hey! so you may be aware that foliage starts to yellow when the plant is in flower, as all its energy is being focused on the blooms. However, I'm thinking that may be a nutrient issue. What kind of tea did you use? I'm thinking it may be a phosphorus deficiency based on the images but it's hard to confirm without a soil test. So, you could go to your local garden center and purchase a soil test kit, they are pretty cheap and work well. I've been able to confirm nutrient toxicity/ deficiencies from them. Phosphorus is used by the plant to promote bloom growth, so it's not surprising the plant is showing signs of needing more when it is in flower. I would recommend adding a fertilizer with a higher phosphorus content. Something like bone meal or bat guana would work well if you are sticking to organic growing. Also, if you are wanting to learn more about cannabis (well any plant) deficiencies, I learned a lot from this article: Top 10 Cannabis Nutrient Deficiencies and How to Fix Them. It also explains how pH plays a role in nutrient uptake which I find super cool. Anyways, best of luck with your plant!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks I too think it's a nutrient issue. Leaning toward a micronutrient so more than likely pH but the phosphorus is definitely effected as well.
    It was a simple 24hr tea with molasses and buildasoil brand top dress called build a flower (Oly Mountain Fish Compost, Malibu Biodynamic Compost, BuildASoil #1 Worm Castings, Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Diamond K Ag Gypsum, Soft Rock Phosphate, Thorvin Icelandic Kelp Meal, Terviva Karanja Cake, BuildASoil Pre Charged Bio-char with Rootwise). First time using this in a tea.
    The soil I am using is recycled so we shall see.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Did have a pest issue with a good amount of caterpillars eating my buds. She currently has not impressed but I will ride it out all the way. 20210612_182354.jpg 20210613_072251.jpg 20210613_072431.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Grasscity Forum mobile app