Brown and red spots on young plants Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kief stoned, Apr 25, 2012.

1. #1 kief stoned, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    I know a picture tells a thousand words but i have no way of taking any so bare with me.
    I have 7 bag seeds planted in 1.5 gallon pots in ffof soil, vegging under a light fixture with 8 long tube bright white light bulbs about 3-4 inches away from the plants. They are about 5 weeks old and have 5-6 nodes. I have only fed them twice with 1/2 tsp of both ffgb and fftb mixed in 1 gal of tap water and one of the times was yesterday.(about an 1/8 the recommended dose from both)Ok about three weeks in one of the plants started to show slight discoloration on the fan leaves. Some of the leaves had light green marks and the rest of the leaf was dark green and one of the new leaves got crisp on the edges.

This is where I think I messed up, I noticed when i went out in the mornings some of the leaves would be wet ,but i payed it no mind. I started to spray the plants down with dawn dishsoap mixed with water about 3 times a week ( you then wash it off with regular water and dry it off as much as possible)because I was worried it was spidermites like last grow and someone told me it helped which it did, last grow. The one with discoloration started to get worse so i isolated it not wanting to lose another grow to some kind of infestation. I stopped spraying the one in isolation but continued to spray the rests and then they started to get crisp at the edges and brown spots in random places on the leaves.I think they are getting burned because of the water drops on the leaves and the heat from the lights and I think it all started because of the water on the plants in the morning with the plant in isolation. I stopped the spraying about 4 days ago and they don't seem to be getting any worse and the one in isolation hasn't gotten worse either and actually looks better than the others do.

So my question is: do you think the combination of water on the leaves and the heat of the lights are burning my plant's fan leaves? And if you can post a picture of what this might look like.(I know its kinda hard)