Broom closet grow, Diesel cross, CFL to HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by vashigopal, Sep 28, 2010.

1. What's the latest?

2. Hey Webstock! thanks for stopping by. Here she is today, day 26 of flower. sorry the pics are crappy.

Attached Files:

3. Nice looking buds bro!

4. thanks, web!

5. I shouldn't say this about my girl, but I think the pictures make her look danker than she really is!

The breeder said 9-10 weeks but I don't know if that is from pistils showing or 12/12. I guess we'll get there when we get there in a month or so, as long as I don't forget to water or get busted or something:eek:

Attached Files:

6. two schools of thought on that one. I say from flip. Reason being, I have a plant that started flowering 10 days before the other two. Its a 70 day strain and I am on day 76 from flip now. That means day 76 for one plant from flower and day 67 for the other two, but they all look the same. No amber on either plant yet.

7. Hey, Abe, thanks for stopping by and for that interesting observation! I'm thinking you're probably right. (Hoping, anyway!) A lot of growers have too many plants to check carefully every day, or can't even visit the grow every day. so counting from 12/12 would be more scientific, in a way. But in your case -- since neither one is showing any amber trichs -- maybe the one that started flowering 10 days earlier will be ready sooner? Will be interesting to see.

8. wow man, looking nice :]
    hope to see the final product, and see how it comes out!

9. #29 webstock, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010

I think both methods are usable, but reality is it's like microwaving or baking. You go by the time in the recipe or on the package, if it's not done, you stick it back in to finish. You will instinctively know when it's done or you should have a good idea anyway. :D

10. By the way dude, very nice looking buds!

11. Thanks for visiting my journal, Chenaridism! Web, your analogy to baking is right on. We just have to grow 'em 'till they're ready!

She's getting sooo stinky! The kitchen reeks when the lights are off. I'm going to have to wire another 12V adapter and connect it to the wimpier exhaust fan so it operates 24/7. As long as a little air is moving through the carbon filter all the time I shouldn't get any smell-leakage, right?

12. arnt all the fans suppost to be on 24/7??? with the exception of light cooling? anywho is a nice plant and hope she yeilds highly for you

13. Hey, Tidlibitz! Thanks for stoppin' by. It probably would be a good idea to run the exhaust fans 24/7. It's just that one of the fans is kinda loud and it's nice to have it off for 12 hours a day. But it would save me a bit of wiring to take them both off the timer, instead of just one. The intake and the electrical hook-up is in a cabinet adjacent to the plant, and plugging or unplugging anything means I have to take a lot of stuff out of the cabinet and work in a cramped spot and I'm lazy and usually do the minimum. Bad habit, I know.

I, too am wondering how big these buds will get! I have a clone that will be ready to flower when this one is done, but I also have a few more femmed seeds. In a couple weeks I'll have to decide which to grow next -- the clone of this plant, or a new seed. I have a Widowrella, a Grapefruit, and two more Diesel seeds, all femmed.

14. #34 THE CREATOR, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
    Hey dude. Didnt wanna keep posting in that guys thread. I answered the light question in there but here it is again.
    I use

4ft 4tube: 20,000 lumens (54w a tube)
    2ft 4tube 8,000 lumens (54w)
    Both Hydrofarm

But I promise you the 2ft 4tube T5 will definitely veg 2-3 plants easy.
    The suggested price on Hydrofarms site is $120. Probably could get it more towards a hundred.
    http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=10658#

15. By the way.. Great looking ladies you got there. :hello:

And that Widowrella you mentioned? Widow, C99 cross?

16. Hey, Creator. thanks for the info on the lights. I was considering using those vertically in my cab, but my cab is just too narrow. Eventually I'd like to have more space and the T5's would be great. Yes, the Widowrella is Widow x C99. I think my plant might be dying. Details in my next post.

17. Tonight I noticed that some of the fan leaves are yellowing. When the lights went out I checked the buds, and the bud leaves are yellowing! I tried to take pics but my camera batteries died.

The yellowing could have started on the bud leaves -- I don't know because the HPS always makes them look yellow. I was thinking it might be Calcium or Magnesium deficiency, but after looking at pictures online, I'm not sure. The leaves don't have rust spots or curling margins. The veins aren't green on the leaves that are yellowing. They're just fading to a banana color. I'll get a better look tomorrow and take pics. I'm hoping it's worse in my mind than it actually is on the plant, but I fear the worst. Whatever this is, it's developing fast! The fan leaves were green yesterday.

I don't have a pH meter, and I don't think I can get the plant out of the cabinet to flush it without damaging the roots. The cab opening is about 11" and the pot is 13". I'm trying not to worry, but I'm having images of starting the Widowrella seed and learning to make hash.

18. From my experience no ph meter=no sucess. As you will find out.

19. Well, there are two schools of thought on why the leaves are yellowing. The first is a nitrogen deficiency & possibly a sulfur deficiency. The second is that the yellowing is normal for 6 weeks of flower. I gave it 3 qts of 2/3 strength veg nutes (NPK 26-16-12), and she seems to look almost the same today as she did yesterday.

Attached Files: