Bromine Barium - 400w DWC "SCROGaganza"

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ChefGreenthumb, Jul 31, 2012.

1. i know in flower phos is mucho important for the buds...but isn't phosphorus for root growth a myth?

2. #42 jakesterjammin, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    Ya, I believe microbes are beneficial to the root zone and not only controlling pH...
    I also believe this is EXACTLY what AN is playing on in their pH Perfect line....
    Thus why they will NOT guarantee it if you do not use EXACTLY what they suggest for the given level...

They are trying to balance the microbes and beneficial bacteria to control pH....

3. Well AN offers independent that shows cannabis uses very little phosphorus when flowering...
    Well the plant matter contains very little phosphorus anyway, which means it's not absorbing it IMO...

4. i did say 5.7 to 5.8....but even at 5.8 for 24hrs you are still getting calcium intake...i was just saying i dont want anyone to freak out if their pH gets to 6.1 and they feel they need to go and readjust....6.3 will not kill you and will allow maximum uptake of P....isnt it all about the flowers in the long run?

5. dayam...it's $44 for Sub-M at my grow shop....and at least $20 bucks for some Koolbloom...it ain't cheap huh..

6. YES, I agree!!
    The plants are not going to kick over at 6.3...
    Yes at 6.3 there is maximum uptake of phosphorus, but are they using that as believed in the past???

I'm not so sure now personally.....
    Then we JUST had a discussion about leaves in T's thread, does not the lack of calcium effect the leaves, and therefore the plants ability to process the light's energy.... So NO calcium is not used in flower development (well I feel anyway), BUT it does effect other areas of the plants which are directly related to flower development.....

If that makse sense :confused_2:

7. [quote name='"NaughtyDread"']and here we go just to refresh everyones memory a bit....

[/quote]

Just wondering.. How do we know right after 6.1 that you should go to 6.3?? The chart goes by .1 increments and immediately skips to .5 increments right outside the 5.5-6.1 range.. Charts are hard because everyone can interpret then differently but I am pretty sure it's saying 5.5-6.1..

The top of 6.1 is not 6.3 nor is the bottom of 5.5-5.3.. It's the high end of 6.1 and the low end of 5.5.

8. Well let me toss a HUGE wrench into this discussion.....
    Really pH is by strain.....

Cause some strains flourish in acidic soils and some in more alkaline soils...
    The chart is a "Rule Of Thumb" only, IMO anyway....

9. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']

Well let me toss a HUGE wrench into this discussion.....
    Really pH is by strain.....

Cause some strains flourish in acidic soils and some in more alkaline soils...
    The chart is a "Rule Of Thumb" only, IMO anyway....[/quote]

True just as everything else.. PPM, RH, temps...

I was wondering how naughty interpreted the graph though because he said he made that decision when he studied the graph.. And I don't see how he came to his conclusion with that particular one.. It ends at the end of 6.1 it's not sliding up to 6.3.

10. you dont know...but again as i pointed out its my interpretation of this chart...i like and am comfortable with the other ranges for the other micronutes on the chart for the swing...like i pointed out early to me, P is important...probably not the most important, but in my mind...more available P and the range of everything else equals a healthier larger per gram flower....

So from me studying the chart...I could have easily said well since it appears P is available all the way up to what it appears to be 6.5...ill stick with a safe number of 6.3.....along with discussions with other friends and info researched elsewhere it apparently causes no harm to run that range.

The only reason why I said i run to 6.3 is because of the great interest to run at 6.1 tops....do it if you want....i dont care...im just saying when you creep up and over 6.1 each and everyday...have fun bringing the PH back down...too much extra work...nothing wrong iMo to let it drift up to 6.3 before worrying about bringing it down. but it seems all of your minds are made up...so my opinions count for shit :D

11. for only 1 element not all

12. I was only wondering why because when I see it, I don't see the manufacture suggesting pass 6.1 I'm not hating.... :confused:

My pH luckily stays put at 5.8... Maybe it's my shitty nutes! LMAO!!

13. [quote name='"NaughtyDread"']

for only 1 element not all[/quote]

I'm looking at the numbers on the chart my brotha not the specifics... You see the arrows pointing between 5.5-6.1 showing that if your in that range your plant will be getting ALL the elements at one time.. Letting it to above let's you get one more then the other..

14. well as we get later into flower...you want a couple of things....thats why i like the KB...it provides the N and the extra P that I care most about especially the last couple of weeks of flower...when i get into days 35 and above i care more about P...i just want to make sure that the buds are getting the maximum amount since i know this will contribute to weight and density...but again this is just how i like to run shit...if you guys havent seen some of my shit you really should come take a look

15. lololol...FACK....

my first baby got topped on the 8th and she's already got two brand new shoots coming thru...

i fukked up the 2nd one tho...i accidentally went and snipped too much and one of the fan leaves..LOLOL.. and now it's not growing anything, and only the side shoots are coming thru. oy vey...pics tomorrow.

but nonetheless, they're going thru vigorous growth...

pH: 5.7 after i changed the res with fresh nutes and new res...got rid of the slime problem (for now) ...hope it doesn't come back. gonna try and get some Sub-M and Koolbloom when i get the chance when im not playin daddy care.

PPMS: upped to 850~ and no nute burn as of yet

reservoir temps are cool 60F

ambient temps are 81F...it's gettin cooler around here so i think she's happy.

waaaaaaay too baked for pics right now so til tomorrow!

16. :D:D:D:D UPDATE :D:D:D:D

So this is the pics i took after the topping

08/08

Bubba #1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

08/09

Bubba #2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so Bubba #2 i screwed up huge...i accidentally snipped the fan leaf off on the top node and it's not growing any more shoots as i mentioned earlier...just the 4 side shoots are going now..should i top these??

FML...

Here are the pics from today...

[​IMG]

Bubba # 1 (survived the massacre)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bubba#2 (the lil "runt")

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a side by side comparison....
    [​IMG]

17. *crickets chirpin*

18. I thought I replied when I saw this earlier.. Guess not haha. The one looks like its BOOMING though, hopefully they other lil lady catches up :p good stuff mane

19. lol...nice successful topping :D

20. LMAO

thanks! hope the other one makes it...she's become REALLY stunted. prolly gonna top the other 4 shoots as they recover and pull thru a bit.:hello: