Bromine Barium - 400w DWC "SCROGaganza"

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ChefGreenthumb, Jul 31, 2012.

1. hahhaha

or im thinking DNA Genetics Sour Kush aka Headband...love this strani.
    i can get it locally here

Sour Kush aka Headband
    6 Feminized Seeds per Pack - Vancouver Seed Bank

2. Hello Tee,
    pulling up a chair here.

middy

3. Hey bud~~ appreciate your comment on my journal.. seems like I'll be riding along with ya.. lol.. are you nuting them yet? cause I am about to give them some tiny bit of nutes...

4. waters warm! enjoy the ride my man!

thanks brother...anytime..

i have the lil guys in the system already... the roots have reached the water...and the res is filled with nutes ... i only mixed a ~500ppm soup cuz they dont need much...

i'll slowly be upping the ppm as the lil buggers need it...

5. yay...t-breaks over...smoking on some Diesel and Jack for the morning tokes..

Diesel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:bongin:

I think i'mma do weekly updates of the girls in veg...cuz it's just boring to look at... i mean...i snapped some pics of them...but like...it's just SO boring...hahaha...but they're fine...growing some mutated leaves but meh...new growth is SPURTING out that som'bitch.

pH: 5.8
    ppm: ~500
    RH: 50%
    Temp: 85F (really hot today...gonna pick up another fan to lower temps a bit)

6. I wish I had a camera like yours...
    [​IMG]

Looks outstanding!!!
    From one of your grows??

7. haha...it's a piece of pooh now..my daughters' dropped it a million times..surprised the thing still works...i'd donate it to ya JJ

this is dispensary weed actually...and it IS outstanding...i took a toke of that jack when i posted that..and i've been high for 2 hrs..i guess taking a lil tolerance break helps..

8. #28 ChefGreenthumb, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    Update of the Girls

"Week 2" - Veg [Day 8]

pH: 5.9 lowered to 5.8 with pH'd water
    RH: 50%
    ppM: ~700

Ambient temps : 76F
    Plant level temps : 84F (hopefully this drops , it's just really hot where i am right now)
    Res Temps: 68F

Bubba # 1 (The one i thought was gonna be Sativa just BURSTED with these FAT leaves...some irregular growth)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bubba# 2 - EXTREMELY weird leaf growth...but the new shoots are healthy so i'm not too concerned...probably because i'm cramming so much nutes down her throat...:confused::confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

like i said....BOOOOOOOOOOORING

time for some bowls :bongin:

9. smokin on some "Orange Krush"...killer sativa..:eek::eek:

it's Cali O x Blueberry

(taken with my Droid...so dont knock the quality)

[​IMG]

mellow'd out

10. 700ppm at 8 days? :eek: im guessing your going to be pushing for that 1400ppm range? very curious to see how your bubba will handle this :D

11. Well as you can see it's stunted ONE of my bubba's...well not stunted ...but it's got smaller irregular leaf growth, which produces less photosynthesis and blah blah blah(i germ'd that a day after this first one so it's actually a day behind....) but from my understanding...if the new growth pushing out is all vibrant..then i'll cram more nutes down this som'bitches throat..

i'm actually going to level out at about 1200 ppm when they get there..and i'l be watching how much she drinks...she's already got a lil nute burn now(brown tips) but like i said...everything else is pouring out nice lime green shoots..im curious to see how she takes it too...:eek:

it's been hot these past couple days so the pH has been slowly rising...i've never had to really deal with that much pH issues in this setup..other than it loves going to 6.0...and JJ keeps his at 5.8 so that's what i like to keep mine there....he seems to have that thumb...where it's all green?:D

but it's been trying to go up to 6.1 ... might have to start freezing some water bottles :cool:

im going to be topping these whores either tomorrow or the next day. lil cunts are almost ready..hehehehe

(sorry for all the dirty talk...having one of those mornings)

smoking on some Grapefruit bubble hash this morning, as my tolerance for flowers shot way through the roof this weekend...

Stay Stony my friends...

12. blah...drift is good....lets you know your plants taking up all those nutrients it needs....ill set my pH down to 5.7-5.8 and over a course of 2-3 days let it drift to 6.3 before bringing it back down

13. :eek:

LOL

Ya, drift is good IMO as well....
    Not too sure about 6.3, but between 5.6 and 6.0, I totally agree....

The way I look at it Dread, are the plants going to fall over at 6.1, NO..
    But IMHO, at that point there is lockout, they do not show signs because they simply revert to using what was stored...
    Then a few days later it's back to 5.7 and they are sucking it up again.....

BUT, that few day lag, because you (IMO anyway) lockout nutes, did that slow their growth a little...
    Not enough so you're going to notice but in the overall scope of things and in the long run...
    Thus why the breeders say shit like matures between 56 and 63 days....

Because with all the little here and there slow downs in growth, it may take one grower 63 days, where another because he/she kept everything as perfect as they could get, they get the same strain to mature in 58 days...

And I've always looked at time, as money gained or lost...
    That's why I've always felt when you find that target, you keep it there all the time, and you will get better growth...

Ya know??
    Just the way I look at it, and of course cannot prove one way or the other... ;)

14. Well i do let it drift...that's for sure...(im not one of those everyday pH checkers) 2 - 3 days and i'll either add in more nuted soup or pH the water..depending on how she's drinking....but i guess i dont let it get to 6.3 is what im saying...

it's safe to let it go that high?

15. im pretty sure i've seen u mention this before ... and that's why my instincts were set in at 6.1 and i get it back in range... i NEVER see it go passed 6.1 though...i thnk my res is big enough to not go through so much drift like that.

16. Well I feel it will stabilize a little more by lowering the EC/PPM too...
    And you can also add in some Subs which of course give off acid which will help even more.....

I was having the same issue in my VEG chamber....
    I would set it to 5.6 and 24hrs later 6.0, so I added Sub-M to the soup, the next day was 6.0, then it started to stablize the following day as the culture started colonizing, but the following day was a 5.9...

A few days after that, I now set the pH to 5.6 and 3-4 days later I might be a 6.0... ;)
    Also IMPO, sub culture helps keep a healthy root system, which of course is DIRECTLY related to the plant's health...

:wave:

17. Well its a wonderful thing to have your own opinion even though someone else may not agree...
    ....I studied the nute chart making my decision a long time to run as high as 6.3 even tho it says to 6.1 ...I am looking to get the maximum amount of phosphorous which is as you know is important for root growth and flower development why would i short myself on this? but you go lower on the other end...i give myself that lead way...if i should happen to drop my pH below 5.7 what I like it at, no biggie...its just that I run buckets...you run a res.....my solutions are gone within 2-3 days....does not benefit me at all to run on the lower end if I want my swing....again...we all have our different methods...i wouldnt want anyone to worry about constantly adjusting their pH because its gotten above 6.1 within 24 hours...kinda tedious dont you think??
    and most importantly, this isnt my first walk around the park....i know what works for me :D

18. and here we go just to refresh everyones memory a bit....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. #39 ChefGreenthumb, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    well i've been noticing a lil slime from the airline...MOTHA F****

gonna do a res change and scrub down and sterilize , re-adjust ppm and looks like i'm going with your advice yet again JJ...gonna go get some Sub-b/m for the microbes and beneficial bacteria...hopefully that will kill the slime and stabilize the pH a bit more..

and koolbloom for some added carbs...:wave:

20. Look at Ca and Mg...............
    Set it to 5.8 and let it drift up to 6.3..................
    When can the plant absorb Ca??

I know it's not as important as Mg in flowering, but still but lock it out and you're going to have issues...
    Keep it between 5.7 and 5.9, your not locking out Calcium.....

To each is his/her own....
    It's simply my point of view, nothing more..........................

:wave: