BrokenBob

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BrokenBob, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Hi All,
    BrokenBob here. I'm "broken" due to severe medical problems that cost me most of my intestines. This condition gives me a Lot of Nausea. Cannabis helps A Lot.
    I'm using the Very Expensive and not so potent NJ Medical stuff. Anybody else?
    I know very little about different strains that are available and which would be best. I don't want it to put me to sleep, just relieve my nausea and make me feel better.
    Also, I bought an Atmos Transporter Vaporizer, but I don't like it. I think it's wasteful. After vaporizing a load multiple times I feel like I'm not getting all I should. It's finely ground using a good grinder. The color goes from green to brown, but if I then take the stuff out of the vaporizer and smoke it in a pipe I quickly get as much effect as I did vaporizing! So obviously, I'm not getting all I should with the vape. What's going on here? Anyone?
    Thanks All! It's good to be here.

2. Many folks save their Already Vaped Bud (AVB) and use it to make edibles.
    We have a nice section on making edibles.
    Incredible, Edible Herb
    :smoke:

3. So, it seems like everyone is willing to accept the inefficiency of vaporizers. Maybe this is because it's easier, it's the New thing, a fad, somehow Cooler, or you just don't have to Smoke it. Perhaps you can just afford it more than I can these days, especially at the prices I have to pay.

Alright, I admit I'm old school, and I've never believed in wasting good stuff. What I've read about vaporizers being efficient is now either an over-exaggeration or an outright lie.

It looks like I'll put the vaporizer away and continue to smoke. The residue I end up with from smoking is completely used up, so I know I'm getting all there is. Besides, with my medical condition, I can't absorb much from anything I eat. (I'm on an IV 8hrs a day to get my nutrition.) Yeah, my life sucks. Yeah, weed helps. Actually, it's remarkable how well smoking just a bit of weed helps my constant nausea. It is So much better than any prescription med I've had, and I've had them all.

Thanks for your reply. It's good to be here with so many folks in the know about something that is becoming increasingly important for me.

4. Hi Bob,
    No, you're right...vaping isn't as "efficient" as smoking. However, there are still reasons to choose vape over smoking. For me personally, I get stoned every night in order to sleep... I feel that in the long-run, it's better for my lungs than smoking it, but that's me.

One hint though....to get the most out of your vaped pot. Don't overfill the bowl...keep it small, 2-3 hits, then refill as necessary.

5. I'll try that. Thanks.